In case you've been living under a rock, KU won the championship. Here we are in the moments following the exciting win over Memphis. Yes, I did drink most of the bottle myself - it was glorious. Oh yeah, my Mom was here for a week to see us Dominic. Hi Mom! She has good pictures on her photo album too.
We also filmed our ecstatic moment. Brad is our neighbor, and totally had more fun watching the game with us than with his wife Majelle.
You can probably see the KU flag leaning up against the door in the picture below. That's because the wind kept blowing so hard, it would pull the mount right off the wall. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Dominic entertains himself reading the book Grandma gave him about trucks.
Just my lovely bride making breakfast for us. The flowers are from the Dayton 2nd Street Market - where you can buy Ohio Maple Syrup and eat crepes made by a French woman.
Dominic earns his keep one morning this week.
We also know how to dance at our house. Be sure to turn up the speakers so you can hear the music ("Canned Heat," from Napolean Dynamite!!). Yes, Dom is really dancing!!
On to the random links part of the blog!!!
If anyone is reading now, know that I would really like to own these two CD's. I worked at Philmont for 3 summers, and heard these songs almost every night. I also know (knew?) the mandolin player from The Tennessee Boys.
Quin Snyder gets totally bashed on ESPN Page 2 today.
I don't know what the provisions of this bill were/are, but I'm sure it's something like requiring abortion clinics to meet basic health codes - requirements that, say, McDonalds or Wal-Mart have to keep; we call those "restrictions." When we try to make abortion clinics clean, or try to eliminate some of the shady, under-handed, cash-only, take-the-women-out-the-back-door-when-you're-done-with-them factors surrounding these places - people (Democrats/NARAL/pro-choicers/Kathleen Sebelius) call it endangering women. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Just keeping this story out there for everybody.
I like AmP for his coverage on the Holy Father's trip to America. I didn't get much time to follow it while he was here, but these posts (here and here) are very cool. At some point I will also have to read what the Holy Father said during his trip - for now, I will be content with what he wore.
Once a month I go to a circle talk hosted by a member of Opus Dei, and during today's examination of conscience the question was asked: Do I waste others' time by my lack of punctuality? Phrasing it this way, and with a reference to the Seventh Commandment, really made me reflect on my attitude at work. If anyone reading this far also happens to be a junior officer, then you know what I mean.
Finally, our favorite show comes back on Thursday. In case you haven't watched every single episode in the last 2.5 months, you can catch up in less than 5 minutes:
"John is going to kill himself, but Walt shows up. Whoa."
"Gotta love Des."

4 comments:
Wow...the Dom sure can dance. Must get those genes from his Grandpa Buschelman.
There is so much information in this post - I don't even know when to start. All I can say is - "Rock Chalk", "Nice moves, Dom", "Liesel, you look great!", and "Charlie is fine."
Nice work, Eric.
Eric and Leisel:
Love everything...Dominic is just darling.
Eric..do you ever cry when you watch Lost and Charlie is fine.
Great Aunt Debbie
I will post this like the Lost clip.
"Megan checks the internet and reads post. So much information, Dom dances. There is a celebration, everyone is happy, she laughs. Oh no, it's raining outside, everyone hides. It is sad"
Good to see what's going on in Ohio. See you all soon!
Post a Comment