18 July 2009

28 Days Later

Ok, really it's more than 28 Days. Not sure how much I'll be able to cover in one night, but we'll start we left our brave adventurers, stranded without an operable bicycle in Dayton, OH. (Maybe I'll wait and just try to get a free one instead of fixing mine...). How many of you tried the math problems, anyway?

The bike was fixed and I was soon off on a few good training rides, one up to the Taylorsville Dam in Vandalia, and a 50-miler out past Cedarville, OH - almost made it to South Charleston (on the Ohio-to-Erie Trail) before turning around. Only 10 more days until we kick it off in Cleveland! If you are still interested in donating to the American Cancer Society -- even $5 would be great! -- you can support our team here. I'm dedicating the ride to my great-uncle Jack, a 10 year cancer survivor. LIVESTRONG!

We had a quick visit from our friend Jeff, in between schools and on his way to Connecticut. Didn't take any pictures, though - I guess we were too busy. Jeff -- I'm going to the USAF Museum this week to film/photog the exhibit you had wanted to see, and then I'll send you the link to it. It's really great.

So, after the bike was fixed we headed to the base to watch the Tattoo. We saw Dominic's new favorite jet -- the B-52 -- and even William enjoyed the evening.
From July 2009

A few days later, my parents and brother came for a visit. They came bearing gifts!




Grandpa enjoyed giving the boys their desserts:




Hm... no pictures of Grandma with the boys. I guess she was taking all the pictures.

Also, while the family was in town, I was promoted to Captain!


Will looks lost, since everyone in the room looks the same, I think.


A few days after my folks left, we drove up to Madison for the 4th. We stayed with Mitzi (perhaps illegally?) - did NOT catch H1N1 virus, fought our way through miles of "stimulus", and arrived in Madison just in time to... get On a Boat! (this is really loud, so turn down your speakers)



We met our new cousin/nephew Peter, and Will instantly took to him:


Can't celebrate Independence Day without sparklers!


Oh, that reminds me -- I took Twitter off the blog. Everyone will just call me "YouTwitFace" all the time now anyway.

So that brings us to 2 weeks ago. The Tour de France began on 4 July, and we've been following that ever since, with great excitement!

(I'll now just toss in a few pictures of Will's birthday - 17 July! - , and maybe some videos)








4 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Yeah, you guys haven't updated for a while! :) It was nice to see you all this weekend at Will's bday party! You have a busy month coming up, so I am sure you will not be blogging much next month! LOL! We will see you Friday at dining out!

Robert said...

caver to insults--I was just starting to think about Twitter myself...now I'll never join since I see what it did to you =)

glad you all came up--we should have had a special celebration night for your promotion...meaning even more drinking?? yikes!

Nana said...

Glad to see that Will is using the work bench!! Thank you for sharing. Is the B52 a sleeker version of my favorite, the Stealth?

Emily said...

Ha ha! Buschelman! Looks like Positive Peer Pressure finally got to ya :) What I didn't hear you say, however, is that you've quit Twitter altogether...when's that post coming?