24 September 2014

Trip to Ohio along with a bunch of other photos taken with Eric's phone over the last year...

  So, in typical fashion for our family, we did not bring along our camera on our recent road trip.  But, on the bright side, it forced us to figure out how to get to the pictures on Eric's phone camera.  Which means this post will be sprinkled with several random pictures taken anytime in the last 11 months.  Though, I have not added these here, it turns out John at one time was really small...who knew?

First we travel not too far back and see Will after his successful indoor soccer season.  I think he'd just consumed a frosted cupcake, which made his lips a little white.

The week before our trip, Eric took us to his office where the kids were unimpressed with the huge guns and went straight for the white board.  I think Molly may be ready for some schooling..
When we were planning our trip to Dayton, I had a large list of places and people to visit.  However, after spending 12 hours in the car, by the time we reached our friends' home, I had decided I just really wanted to hang out in their house.  However, we did manage to get out and see a few people.  The above picture is John meeting the man who inspired his middle name, Eugene.  Mr. Gene Deis is a friend of ours at St. Helen's and is a Korean war vet and shares Eric's birth date.  We had a really nice visit with him and his wife while the kids watched the Lego Movie.  John even accommodated us by falling asleep on their floor. 
Due to a lack of planning on our part, we did not make it to Young's Dairy until Saturday.  I knew it would be crowded as it was a weekend day, but I did not know that it also happened to be the Wool Gathering Festival.  (In Ohio, there are festivals every weekend through the fall.  I generally try to avoid these)  But!  We ended up arriving right after the shearing and sheep herding exhibitions.  Some might think I was disappointed, but actually it turned out well as the crowd was thinning out considerably. 
We were still able to see the sheep and several other displays, feed the goats, play on tractors,  and get ice cream so mission accomplished!
Our oldest family friends, The Carrs, graciously put us up for the weekend (despite having only moved into their new home 3 weeks ago).  The kids had a great time playing with Owen and Kuba.  Owen and Dom were best buddies 5 years ago and it did not take long at all to get re-acquainted.  With the addition of Will, they were a neat trio to watch over the course of our stay.  And Molly was thrilled to have a playmate a little more her size.  We all had a wonderful time with them and will hopefully some day re-pay their generosity! 
On our drive there and back we stayed in Country Inn and Suites.  The boys and Molly loved the fact there were books one could borrow to read in one's room.  As it turned out, Will was so tired by the time we got to the hotel, he fell asleep waiting for Dom to finish reading one.  He made up for it the next morning at breakfast:
And now we come to the portion of random photos from the last year.  Here is a picture of me taken at the German Club that Eric frequented in San Antonio.  John was only 5 or 6 weeks.
Here is a picture of us visiting Oma in St. Louis, June 2013.  Originally I thought that was from our trip in October, but the absence of Will's glasses made me realize my error.
Just some cute pictures of Molly taken at some point in the last year.  She still had curls!

On occasion, I will discover Molly fast asleep on the floor or in this case on the couch.  She plays so hard and never is still and then just passes out.  Just recently I discovered her slumbering on the floor of the Florida Room.  In her Snow White dress.  I now regret not taking a bite out of an apple and staging the scene for a photo op.  But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get another opportunity.
Last fall, we took several bike rides on Eglin Air Force base.  Molly loved riding in front.   Though, she would dance and shake my handlebars all over the place.  The next ride we take as a family, she will be on the trailer bike behind Eric and John will be in front of me.  You will see photo evidence of this some time in the next 6 - 12 months...depending on which camera we use.
I know we facebooked this, but shortly after Eric came home we went to the Summer Bash for his work.  Unknowingly, he wore the second place 'costume' for beach attire.  He had no idea there was a competition.  I guess we are turning into Floridians.
I'm not entirely sure where this picture was taken, but I'm guessing the beach house.  Speaking of which, Molly thinks just about any house, but ours is a beach house.  When asked by her speech therapist how her trip to Ohio was, she responded she stayed at three beach houses.  She also was a little confused when she packed for Ohio as she packed a swimming suit and a sundress. 
Two cool pictures of my cool guys.

John did very well in the car.  Though, he did get particularly angry about 45 minutes before our stop on the second to last day of travel.  He got over it pretty quickly once he was free to roll around on the bed.
We had a really great time.  We loved the weather of Ohio and getting to see so many friends.  We'll definitely be going back and maybe we'll plan a little better....though, knowing us, probably not!

4 comments:

Ann Strunk said...

Love it! It looks and sounds like you had a great time. I always enjoy the pictures no matter how old they are :)

Liz said...

Everything Anne said. I reread these posts regularly!

Eric said...

Best line: Molly calling all the houses in Ohio "beach houses"

Liz said...

You're welcome here any time! We loved seeing you.