01 December 2016

The rest of October

 We returned from London on Dom's birthday.  We did give Dom one gift, a sports watch, which I'm happy to say is still worn daily and was very happily received.  But, I promised him prior to London that we would have a birthday party the next weekend.
 It was well attended by 14 kids (including ours) and 6 adults.  It was sports themed and I left the details up to Dom.  He was thrilled to host a mini-Olympics and even suggested we buy white undershirts so that kids could make a jersey.  All in all, everyone had a good time and it gave me a solid reason to take down our 4th of July decor.
 Skip forward a few weeks and it was All Hallow's Eve!  It was not as muggy as a year ago, but still pretty warm.  Molly decided to wear the newly found jaguar costume, but we nixed John going as a lion (though he loved putting it on and immediately roaring menacingly around the house).  Instead, he repeated his costume as a hobbit from a year before.  But, his hair was a little curlier and I even found a plaid shirt and khaki shorts to complete the costume, along with the cape.  Dom requested to go as a Storm Trooper, and Will was Harry Potter.  Hm...I can't seem to find Eric in that picture.  I know he is there somewhere.  Ah well, maybe you can find him.

 Will takes being Harry Potter super seriously.  There were a few out and about, but he was by far the most real.  I might be slightly biased.
 Dom looking ready to dominate
 And our pumpkins.


 Just one more of Will.  Side story, I did attempt to purchase a cheap Gryffindor tie.  Turns out the reason it was cheap was because it was on a slow boat from the far east.  It arrive a week after Halloween.  Ah well, Will's First Communion tie worked pretty well.  And it was dark...so...
 And Eric was surprised to discover some new decor upon returning from one of his trips
The rest of October was a blur of school (Fractions!!!), soccer practice, choir practice, Eric traveling, and just life with 4 kids.  The days no longer feel long (from the saying the days are long and the years are short).  Just non-stop from 7 in the morning to about 9 at night.  And we rarely leave the house.

Next up: November!

1 comment:

Liz said...

OK, what's the story on the new restaurant? And is that No Looking or No Locking. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. Will is my favorite Harry Potter, by the way.