It is fitting the first picture is of him sleeping. He catches naps wherever and whenever he can get them. I, not infrequently, will discover him in various positions of repose. Most recently he was under the coffee table catching a few z's. But it is no wonder, he is always on the go and trying to keep up with some older siblings.
A car would come in handy at times to give those short legs a rest.
Though, someday, he will be taller than all of them. But, he does a pretty good job of keeping up even now.
John has quite a bit of personality and a great sense of humor. He loves to laugh and make others laugh.
Like when he thinks he can get away with ice cream for breakfast. That said, they can't say no if you never ask...and they just might say yes.
John had a pretty big summer. He helped us move to his third house in three years (he will move to his 4th this summer...life of a military kid, finally one of them is experiencing it)
He got to see a nearly full solar eclipse. He was as excited as everyone else. I'm pretty sure it was due to the totally awesome glasses.
I love this picture of him. Molly captured it during a rare haircut. He looks so sharp after his hair is cut, but I miss the curls...so we put them off longer than we do with the older two.
John has gotten into the habit of many a toddler of 'borrowing' my phone to take pictures. I will discover hundreds of them. Generally of the same thing..his face or part of his face. One memorable instance was when he took my phone and emailed a friend 100s of pictures of various emojis. Luckily, she has kids and quickly realized the situation and just laughed...at least she said she did. I'm sure after about 10 it is not as hilarious.
Though he has had hot chocolate before, experiencing a legitimate winter took it to the next level. We had loads of hot chocolate braving the Alabama climate.John has spent quality time with all of his siblings. They let him sleep on them.
Comfort him when Mom has had a bit too much of a 3 year old for the day.
And are his live-in play mates. He and Molly spend quite a bit of time together. She reads to him or they play dress-up or they just get into trouble together. Just like siblings should.Speaking of dress-up...
John loved his first hay ride and all of the holidays were just that much more exciting this year as his awareness grew.
Some of his favorite activities are being read to.
Throwing things into bodies of water. Bodies of water can be oceans, lakes, ponds, bathtubs, sinks, or cups of water:
Oh, and throwing basketballs into hoops. Naturally.
Our Johnny is up for everything. He ran in his first Turkey Trot with the cousins at Thanksgiving.
He politely partakes in tea parties.
And he braved his first snow...though, he pretty quickly got onto the couch under blankets as it was incredibly cold for our Florida boy.
But, wearing various hats definitely kept him warm. As did warm bubble baths.
We have traveled a bit with John over the last year. Including New Orleans, a few trips back to Florida, a Thanksgiving trip to Cadiz, Kentucky, and a Christmas time trip to Oklahoma, oh and two trips to Kansas within 6 weeks last spring and summer. John has become quite the road warrior. No longer is he the weak link...that would be a tie between Eric and me.
Speaking of ties.. who had the best moustache early in March...I vote John. But, I'm partial to Nutella.
Our most recent trip was a quick one up to Huntsville, AL. Where John and his siblings experienced the outdoors.
And the indoor pool at Embassy Suites (and the glass elevator). I love how he has a good time no matter where he is...as long as his family is nearby.
John, we all love you sooooo much! You give the best hugs, you have the best giggle, and the best random observations (though Will is a close second). I love that you belt out Alleluia at Mass and gleefully smile when the Gospel is according to John. I love that as we walk along, I can put my hand down and you will grab it. I love that when certain songs come on the play list, you vault into my arms to have a kitchen dance party. I love that as we snuggle on the couch under a blanket reading a book or watching a movie, I will feel your fidgets get less and less and you will gradually breathe very deeply and I know you have dropped off to sleep with your head on my shoulder. I love that you will run up to me and give me hugs and breathlessly say you love me. Or if I have been gone for even just a little bit, you will look into my eyes and tell me you missed me and I know you mean it. And I love how much you love your siblings and just want to be included in their activities...which they almost always allow. You are a lucky little brother! (And I think they think they are pretty lucky, too.)
Happy Birthday, John Eugene Anthony "Johnny-kins" "Jack Attack" "Johnny" "Just John" Buschelman! Between the 6 of us, we have survived another year with a 3 year old and have come out on the other side with a 4 year-old pre-schooler who can almost count to 30 (That pesky 15 messes everyone up!). We have loads of songs to dance to and presents to unwrap and cake to eat. Thank God we have another birthday to celebrate with such a Super Awesome Boy!
Love,
Mom







2 comments:
How in the world could anyone read this blog and not laugh out loud at Li'l John carrying 2 cartons of ice cream for breakfast, all of the wonderful hats (His great Grandma Mac loved hats, too!), Nutella mustache,the Margarita glass, and imagining a soul lifting Alleluia at Mass. Li'l John, you are something else. We love you.
Nana and Li'l Opa
PS I'm working on Turtle. What letter does Turtle begin with?
Happy Birthday, Godson!! You've had a very eventful year with loads of fun. I'm a little sad I wasn't the one that was sent random emoji emails :) We hope you have an awesome birthday and an even better 4th year of life!
Love, The Strunks
Post a Comment