24 July 2018

The Rest of April (July edition)

 I perhaps have said it before, but the way I get inspired to write blog posts is to just look at the photos taken during a time period.  April not only had East, Huntsville, and John's Birthday...but just a lot of fun around the house.  Including out weekly outing to the commissary after Mass.  Definitely brought up the dress code a bit!
 John got fake moustaches (from The Dollar Tree!) for his birthday.  Naturally, this forced a break in opening presents.

 Our big 4 year old!  He was quickly over being four.  By the next day he told me he was 'almost 5!'.  Don't grow up too quickly, John.  Then you will have to pay taxes and stuff.

 Over the last couple of years we have subscribed to Tinker Crates.  This basically replaced our science curriculum.  Every month a science project shows up on our doorstep and the boys can put it together on their own.  Aprils was an Automaton that was by far one of mine and Will's favorites.  And John's.
 One Sunday, it was finally warm enough to have margaritas and cards on the back deck.  Eric is slightly annoyed that the kids swarm when we have happy hour these days, but I love all of the extra card players and that they want to spend time with us.  We eventually carved out our alone time by taking walks every afternoon...this also helped the scale not creep up as quickly.
 A friend invited us to go strawberry picking.  It was a really neat outing that our kids do not have memories of doing in Dayton.  Hopefully we can find some upick places in Virginia.
 One of our Happy Hours was not so happy for Princess Peach.
 She hates combat rules.
 Dom gets so excited playing card games, he just can't help himself.  He couldn't even stay seated.
 And Will just enjoyed the scene.  He didn't win, but he had a great attitude.
 While we were in England, I saw this mug.  I didn't buy it at the time because I figured I could find it back in the states.  Wrong!  I did a lot of searching and the company only sold these alphabet mugs in the UK.  I asked my friend if she could pick one up for me if she happened to see it.  She was able to order it through Amazon UK (natch) and sent me 2.  I love it!

 I broke down and ordered Axis and Allies 1941.  And our house has not been at peace ever since.


 We cannot put John in the car after 5 and expect him to be awake at our destination.  We just can't.  He woke up eventually for burgers and fries.  But, wasn't pleased.
 And finally, Dom went on a two night boy scout camping trip.  He was the grub master which meant he and I had to buy groceries on a budget.  I loved it, even if it meant taking some back and exchanging for some more economical options.  He regaled us all with his tales from the camping trip on Monday morning.  He was pretty dehydrated so we made it into a drinking game to keep him from reusing certain phrases over and over.  He was good sport...and we all drank a lot of water!
Phew!  What a full month, and I didn't even post the videos of cars crashing (matchbox cars...not real full size) or eggs being cracked on our heads (fake eggs with water...not real eggs...yet). 

Next:  Destin Vacation or Mitzcation or May in Review?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's about time! ;)