17 February 2008

Rainy Day indoors

So its cold (was cold; now its 58 deg) in Ohio today. I'm sure we're getting some of the wet weather that was pounding Oklahoma yesterday (remember our phone call, Dad?) We are listening to Harry Potter audiobooks today-- well, I am. Liesel and Dominic are asleep.

I'll link to this post today, because I too, just couldn't resist.

Kosovo is an independent nation today, but not everybody likes it. I must admit, I'm not sure I have an opinion. I know that, of all the nations in Europe, Albania seems to be our biggest fan (more).

That's it for the current events stuff (except for THIS important article). Now for your DPOTD's!!!
Dominic often comes home and reads books by himself in a corner.

We get a look from the focused reader.

I did a good thing and got Liesel flowers for St. Valentine's Day. Don't they look nice in her kitchen?

We finally got around to hanging some of our art from Italy. On the left, a pencil sketch of a bridge in Florence. In the middle, a print of St. Peter's Basilica. And on the right, a picture of Venice taken by Liesel when she went to Europe with Ann in 2003. It really changes up the vibe of the room.

I dressed Dom in his trendy matching (Hey kid, what'd you do - jump ship?) outfit. Way to go Dad!!

3 comments:

Rick said...

And you sold the Blazer too! What a great weekend...!

Unknown said...

Wow...nice work, Rick. You have the first comment - and new news for those of us who comment.

Congrats on the sold car, good-looking son, and vase of roses - looks like you all are doing great...and Hillary looks like Hitler - what more could I ask for from this blog?? :)

We've got to figure out when I'm coming to D-10!

Robert said...

Update on women: even if the woman says "I don't want ANY presents for Valentine's Day" and repeats it several times, this does NOT include flowers.

that is all.