03 April 2010

Early Morning Conversation

Dom and Will have developed a rather nasty habit of waking up at ten to seven. Generally just as Eric is closing the door to go to work/work out. This morning, though it is a Saturday and the boys went to bed late due to Good Friday service, was no different. Dom crawled into our bed around 6, just seconds before Eric's alarm went off. At 6:50, Dom pops up and the following dialogue occurred. (though, it was more a monologue to be honest)

Dom: Is Daddy downstairs? Dominic is going to go eat cereal with Daddy. Good bye, Mommy!

Mom: Goodbye, Dom! Have a nice day! (I was a little more enthusiastic than normal since for a change Dom was not pulling my arm to get me out of bed)

Will: "AAAAA" (read, "I HEAR YOU OUT THERE AND YOU BETTER NOT FORGET ME OR I WILL SCREAM MY HEAD OFF UNTIL YOUR HEAD EXPLODES)

Dom: William is awake! I hear William! (running back into his room) Good morning, William!

William: (shocked into silence then remembers he is still in his crib while Dom is free) "AAAAA"

Dom: Do you want 'Up Please?' I'll go get Daddy. Don't worry, Will! I'll be right back with Daddy!

Dad: (padding back towards the room) Good morning, Dominic!

Dom: Daddy, William is awake and he wants 'Up Please'!

Will: (for good measure) "AAAAA"
(At this point, Dad lifts Will out of crib, screaming stops, starts walking towards the stairs)

Dom: (at normal voice level: loud) Mommy is still in bed, she is still sleeping!

. . .right.



5 comments:

Robert said...

similar to our morning here.

The Bristers said...

that is too cute and quite hilarious.

Unknown said...

Wow. I can't wait to come visit.

Liz said...

What a nice brother! That's a great story.

Rachel said...

too cute Wyatt is usually the one that says Brella Rose still sleeping mommy then he proceeds to go to the bedroom. Brella Rose Wake up...she wakes up...then he says so surprised Brella Rose you wake up???? Thanks Wyatt!!!