So there have been reports that we do not update our site as often as one might hope. Please do not blame this on our third child. Blame it on the slowness of our desktop and our own impatience. I am going to do better in the future. I will try and update at least once a week with a picture and a story. The boys and I are about to do a trial run of homeschooling, so I figure that should provide plenty of situations of which to spin a yarn.
For this week's installment, let me just say how much I am enjoying raising these three kids. I love them to the point of tears even as I type those words. Molly is delightful. Will is hilarious. Dom is growing up way too fast.
Ever since Dom was born nearly 5 years ago, mothers and fathers have been warning me that these days would pass all too soon. I did not doubt them when they told me and I try to hold on to these days, but they seem to slip out of my grasp quicker with each year.
The exception being between 3 pm and 6 pm Monday through Friday, but other than that, the time is flying.
Molly is already 7 and a half months and crawling. William is already 3 and cracking jokes with the punch line almost always being: "I'm FUNNY!" Dom is nearly 5 and seemingly changed overnight into a little boy always striving to do the right thing. Well, nearly always.
Of course, they are a long way from growing up. They still turn to me for hugs when they get hurt. They still look up in their play to make sure I haven't wandered off or to show off their newest daredevil move ("Ok, I'm going to jump from the couch to the ottoman, then somersault over Molly while narrowly missing the 100 trains on the floor. Next time I'll add swinging from the curtain."). They still believe that Eric and I are good at organized sports and dancing. Two of them still need diapers changed for goodness sake.
Yet, I know the day will come when they won't. I know the day will come when they may be embarrassed to be seen with me (especially on the dance floor). So, for now, I'm cherishing every moment I share with them (except between the hours of 3 and 6, Monday through Friday) and counting myself truly blessed to have my three wonderful kids.
4 comments:
Nice post! Looking forward to seeing you soon--and to having "weekly" updates to read =-)
Thank you Liesel for writing this post. You made me smile tonight reading it.
Lovely post, Liesel!! And seriously, what is up with 3p to 6p?!?! Those are, by far, the longest hours of our day as well. Perhaps God built that in so we would appreciate when our husbands get home even more!
I wouldn't trade those "stay at home mom" years for anything in the world. Glad that you are having the same experience!
Post a Comment