In a related story, a few weeks ago I noted that the day would come when my children would be embarrassed to be seen with me. Little did I know that would occur mere days after that post went up. We were waiting to pick up Mary Ann and, being the cool aunt that I am, I started calling her name and waving when she came out from school. Dom stood on his tip toes in order to cover my mouth with his hand and said "Mom, stop doing that". Pretty soon he won't want me to dance in public either...
While in Colorado, we stayed a couple of nights with my college roommate and her parents. Eve's daughter Lettie is the same age as Molly and it was fun to watch the two "play" together. Though, I will say, they interacted quite a bit which is not at all the norm for this age. Clearly these two are topping the charts in the IQ department. Again, it was nice to catch up and to play a lot of cards. We were also able to stay with some friends we had made in Ohio who recently moved to Colorado. The Wahlquists have a wonderful family and their kids are close to the same ages of ours. It was great to spend time with them, made only better due to a game of Set that was as close as I've seen in a while. I quit after one game (which I won by 1) because I doubted I could have won best out of three. April clearly had my number. Weak, I know. . .We also discovered a potentially new favorite breakfast there: Crepes with nutella and strawberries. Now if April would just come back here and make it for us. . .
We finished off the week with an afternoon of games at my parents and then an early morning departure for Ohio. The kids traveled great. Molly was only ever mildly upset and the boys were just thrilled to watch movies in the car. I hope they keep these characteristics as we have another long road trip coming up in a few weeks. Thank you again to all who hosted us and fed us. We will be happy to return the favor at any time!!
3 comments:
It sounds like a great trip! Why did you go to Colorado? I enjoyed your humor as I read the post!
P.S. I just read the next post so now I know why you went to Colorado.
So glad your kids travel so well --- they might even make it to Milwaukee at some point.
Post a Comment