05 September 2012

A family trip to Young's Dairy

When we moved to our current house, our kind neighbors brought over several empty Mountain Dew cans.  We quickly learned that this odd housewarming gift was actually a wonderful treasure of free ice cream.  We have spent the last couple of summers attempting to get through as many cans as possible and always fall short.  Until this year!

 Along with the free ice cream, you can also use the cans for free games of miniature golf.  And let me tell you, we can play many more rounds of golf than eat scoops of ice cream.  The boys - particularly Dominic - enjoyed playing speed golf.
 Dom actually was pretty good on a few holes when he tried, but for the most part they just enjoyed swatting at the ball until it eventually found its way into a hole.
 Molly found other ways to amuse herself.  One way was to watch you hit the ball and then run after it and bring it back.
 Or she crawled under a fence and climbed onto a tractor.
 Luckily, there was a lower part that I could climb over and get her after a few pictures were snapped.

Eric attempting to show Will a proper form.  This lasted...5 seconds.
 William came down with a weird stomachache and did not finish his game.  But, don't worry, it was nothing a scoop of ice cream couldn't fix.  I have yet to check Web MD to see what possible stomach ailment could be remedied with ice cream.  Though, that does seem to be Will's favorite remedy for any illness that befalls him.
 After ice cream we all got to ride the little train.  I have watched my children ride this several times over the last few years.  As we were getting ready to buckle them in, the driver told me that I could ride for free if I thought Molly should be accompanied.  Truth be told, Molly would have been fine.  I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  With all of the rattles, I was a little concerned that I was surpassing the weight limit, but we arrived back safe and sound.
 And, I don't think Dom and Will were that thrilled that their mom was coming along for the ride.  But, they didn't complain too much and proceeded to ignore me the entire time even though  I waved wildly at them.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Molly's hair is long enough to pull back! She looks like a little girl, not a baby anymore. What a fun outing for your family.

Liz said...

That's how I play golf too.

Ann Strunk said...

I have so much to say!

1. You look super cute in your blue dress.

2. Is the train pulled by a golf cart? (the pic of you and Molly)

3. Young's Dairy is one of the places I will miss visiting you guys move away. I love the cheese curds!

4. I can't wait for the fun new places you find near Eglin :)

Nana said...

Get all these fun things in before summer ends and you move to a new state. No doubt there will be exciting places to discover in Florida as well.

Robert said...

Diseases cured by ice cream: conversion disorder, factitious disorder, malingering. Pretty sure he may be suffering from one of those...