It has been a long week. I have that stress induced fatigue that makes me not really want to do anything. However, with three kids, I really don't have much flexibility in the matter. I can only let them watch PBS Kids so long and Molly doesn't really watch it anyway.
But, thank goodness for my kids! My kids have given me a focus and have kept my mind off of other things. They've provided me moments of lightness and moments of laughter. All three are always ready with a hug even if I've been attempting to avoid them all day. There have been moments that help me to see that everything going on now is fleeting and not worthy of the stress I'm allowing it to cause. The most important things in life will still be there as all the other changes occur.
A couple of stories that I want to share and remember are Dominic centered. The first happened a little over a week ago as I was making him lunch. The night before we had soccer practice and Dom and another little boy played for a bit afterwards on the play equipment at the park. It had been the first time Dom had played with someone his age in a long time. He is happy to play with Will, but it was fun to watch him play with someone other than his sibling. I commented to him as I was making his sandwich that it was a shame we had to move just as he was making new friends. His immediate response: "I'll make new friends in Florida!"
Here my son gave the answer that I should have been prepared to give him. I will sometimes look at the amazing friends I've made here in Ohio and wonder if I'll ever have such a wonderful network again. Of course, the answer is: Who Knows? But, if I don't try, then I definitely won't. Dom already has that enthusiasm for the next place we will live and I'm glad I have such a positive example to follow.
The second story, which I already shared on Facebook, happened as I was sorting outgrown clothes. Dom watched as I put various baby boy clothes and baby girl clothes into boxes. He asked when we would have another baby. This is a topic he brings up often. To put him off a little I asked him if he would prefer a brother or a sister. He said: "A Brother...then another brother...then a sister. That way we'd have a pattern: Boy, Boy, Girl, Boy, Boy, Girl." Dom has mentioned before that he wants lots of brothers and sisters so that he can have lots of friends. Who knew he was formulating a pattern in his head that he wanted to complete?
Thank goodness for my kids.
1 comment:
It's crazy how family create and take away stress at the same time. And then company comes!
Post a Comment