14 February 2014

In Honor of Valentine's Day

Christmas of 2012, Dom received a little mailbox.  I had visions that he and I would trade letters back and forth on a regular basis.  This never really materialized.  Sort of typical of a lot of my visions of maternal greatness...

Yet, a couple of weeks ago, Dom came and found me as I was folding laundry and told me that I should check the mailbox because he thought there might be something in there for me. 

This is what I found:





I gave him a big hug and immediately put it on my bathroom mirror.  That little piece of paper has made me smile more times than I can count.  It is a welcome sight in the morning and in the afternoon and in the evening and right before I go to bed.  It has stopped tears as they are about to spill over from stress and tiredness.

Molly and Will have their own ways of showing me that they love me and I welcome those just as much.  Will tells me stories after stories and offers to help when the others have disappeared.  For example, he has promised to sweep the laundry room today.  And it is a good thing...it needs it!  And Molly showers me with hugs and kisses and giggles and singing. 

I am very grateful that on this Valentine's Day I am surrounded by people who love me and show me that every day of the year. 

I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day.  And I hope Eric knows how much we miss and love him and look forward to seeing him very soon!

2 comments:

Ann Strunk said...

Such a lovely post. I once wrote an "I love you" note to my mom and left it on her desk at work. She has it under the glass protecting her desk to this day. It's the little things!

Nana said...

I have little notes from all of you kids. Just last night I found a cardboard trifold with cutouts of each of you with messages of love. These things we hang on to. Give the kids all a hug from Li'l Opa and Nana.