John and I have a standing breakfast date at 6 in the morning. Sometimes he sleeps through it and sometimes we both sleep through it (though I never solely sleep through it), but for the most part, we spend a quiet hour or so before the others wake up. Due to this and because Eric let me know that the blog is the easiest way for him to see pictures, I will post some here. As you may well be able to deduce due to skills you acquired after watching BBC's "Sherlock", the first few pictures are of our Easter Egg Hunt last week.
Eric had the great idea to have the three kids start from the three doors of our house. Will was the big winner, but I loved watching Molly run all over often missing obvious eggs in her rush to get to the next spot. Notice her totally awesome Lightening McQueen boots? Really brings the ensemble together, don't you think?
The kids really did a great job of finding all of the eggs. There were only a couple that we had to say: 'It's right there! In front of you!' Will was ecstatic to discover there was MORE candy hidden in the eggs. He had quite the sugar high. It was pretty hilarious to talk to him. Eric made him ride his bike up and down a hill in front of our house several times to attempt to spend all of that energy. And Will was totally up for it and understood why he was being asked to do such a thing.
We also got Dom on his bike, but not to expend energy. Dom had a pretty nasty accident back in January and has not ridden since. Easter Sunday was the first time he got back on his bike. Hopefully, he will regain his confidence soon. The Tour is only a couple of months away!
The next day, Eric headed back to San Antonio and we settled into our usual routine. We are taking it pretty easy around here:
Molly is discovering her new wardrobe courtesy of some very kind friends back in Kansas. She is adorable.
Dom has switched out his basketball jersey in honor of the playoffs. I don't know if I can handle many more weeks of these games. The Thunder have had two overtime games in the last week. Thank goodness they started at 7! I made him go to bed last night at the start of the 4th quarter because of Sunday School this morning, but also because I kept drifting off to sleep sitting upright while holding John...
Will is also getting into the spirit of the Playoffs. But, mainly, he wanted to make sure that I got a picture of him as I had taken pictures of the other two. This kid has no problem speaking up for himself! And look at that balance!
For Easter, Molly got a pretty straw hat so that she could match Eric. Naturally, she refused to wear it while he was in town. But, the other day, she came out of her room wearing all three of her straw hats. I asked if she would removed the two Easter bonnets so that I could snap a quick picture of her new hat. She complied and then immediately put on the other other three hats. I feel there is literary character who did something similar...Dobby from Harry Potter?
And then here is John doing his best Dr. Evil impression. He often has his hand up around his face in the classic thinking pose. But, he couldn't be further from Dr. Evil. He is quite a nice little boy who gives me plenty of time to do things as he watches his siblings play.
Case in point:
I said it right after he was born, but he reminds me of Will. So much so, that Will is almost always what I call him. And Will does not hesitate to correct me, though always with a little smile on his face. All of the kids love John, but Will often just sits and watches him with awe. Yesterday he told me that he couldn't believe how cute John was.
A while back, there was an article about kids recreating classic poses from their childhood...I think I'd like this shot to be something my kids recreate. Though, Molly can pull her nightgown down a little more...
And here are our youngest three. Lots of love.
4 comments:
What an adoring face on Will!
4th and youngest, crushing it! Lovely post! Molly looks awesome in the hat. Have her take selfies!
I think that Molly may be channeling Grandma Mac. She, too, loved hats. And, if I remember right she had one similar to Molly's Easter hat. She wore it sorta tipped to one side.
what a bunch of sweeties,,,been long time since i hid an easter egg,,,tell kids cute pix and lotta love from great gramp.
Post a Comment