19 May 2014

Post with pictures

 I located our camera and uploaded the pictures.  Which included a few from our time with Megan and Stephen...which included a trip to the beach.  John is becoming quite the beach bum.
John is such a content little guy...for now!  He prefers me for an obvious reason, but for the most part, as long as he is not hungry, he just wants to be around the action.  Here he is playing for the first time with his unborn cousin.  They wore themselves out.
 Meanwhile, the others played apparently the best video game ever.  A Mario themed game where up to four players are playing at the same time.  In order to thwart death, on can simply 'bubble' and float around while the others fight off the bad guys.  Due to this aspect of the game, and the fact other players can pick you and carry you, even Molly could get into the action.  Sort of.  The best part is that Will and Molly will play this game just out in the yard.  I love yelling "Bubble!" and Molly and Will put up their arms in a circle and get quiet for a little while.  (speaking of such things, Molly is such a chatterbox that both Eric and I have found ourselves telling our once speech delayed daughter to "Stop Talking!!"...she rarely complies)
 On Friday we remembered to bring our camera to a couple of events.  The first was the graduation party for the newly enlisted Airmen.  Aside from a few dropped items through the bleachers (Molly was not one of them #parentsuccessstory) we had a really nice time.

 Eric and I even got a couple of pictures together.  The above was taken by Dominic...the lower picture was taken by Molly.  I look fabulous.  She gave Eric a very close haircut.

 That evening we prepared to go to the Maifest.  John was not impressed.
 The Maifest was so much fun.  I would have loved to stay to the dancing, but the kids had enough about 30 minutes prior to that starting.  The Maifest took place at the same place where Eric joined a German Men's Choir.  They performed later in the evening...shortly after our camera's battery died...we are the worst!
 However, we did get some shots of Molly attentively watching a Flemish dancing group.  She stood and started doing some of the simple moves during a children's dance.  The leader noticed her and requested they perform the dance again.  He asked if anyone else would like to do the dance and he danced with Molly.

 They also performed a Maypole dance.  (Molly was not asked to participate in this)  But, Will took some really nice shots.  It was such a neat dance to watch as they seemingly knotted all of their ribbons together and than untangled them during the latter part of the dance.

 John and I had a great time just watching the proceedings.  It helped that the bratwurst and beer tasted particularly good on this particular evening.

The whole event was just very family friendly.  No one minded that the kids were running a bit in our little area (granted we did pick a prime location for this occurring...sort of in the back and away from the performances)  Though, Molly and Will did put on a performance of their own when they did a nice dance routine while the concert band performed.  Will had her turning under her arm and everything.  I was pretty proud.

And Dom got to hold Will.  Everyone was very happy.

I will save the rest of the weekend for another post.  But, prepare yourself for disappointment...we forgot the camera again.  We are the worst!

But, here is another close-up of John to appease you:


3 comments:

Ann Strunk said...

Aww! He's growing up so fast! It seems San Antonio is agreeing with you all, or should I say, y'all :) It looks like such a fun time.

Unknown said...

Dom got to hold John...unless Will shrunk. :-)

Liz said...

I love the couple picture of you! Well, both of the pictures are pretty good in their own ways. You're right that you look pretty great in the one Molly took!