17 January 2015

New Computer, New Pictures, New Post

 The day after Christmas, events transpired and we came to the realization that we'd be getting a new computer for the New Year.  I am still getting use to it.  As is the way of things, Dom is much more capable with the new technology than I am...However, I finally worked up my courage the other day to upload our pictures.   And I seem to have been successful.
 I mentioned earlier the many gifts we received for Christmas.  I had the good fortune to receive not 1, not 2, but 3 new containers to store flour, sugar, and cookies!  Previously, I had been using rubbermaid container purchased shortly after we moved to Ohio in 2005 for flour and sugar.  These were somewhat of an eyesore sitting out on our counter in our fancy schmancy kitchen.  Now, we have a sleek display.  The placement for cookies is much improved as they had previously been stored in ziplock bags.  On the counter.  Easily found and eaten.  Conveniently, cookies had never lasted too long, so that eyesore was livable.  But, I much prefer our new containment system.
 Quite possibly the biggest hit of the gifts was Perplexus Rookie.  Will and Eric solved it within a day or two, Dom a few days later, and as of this writing, I have yet to solve it.  Though I did get past my personal achilles heel earlier today...only to fall from my hands shaking with excitement.  Typical.  If you haven't tried one of these mazes out...I highly recommend it!
 Molly received a singing machine which has been a big hit.  It became a bigger hit with the addition a Frozen Karaoke CD.  The kids angelic voices ring through the house.  #musicclass
 Dom received 'The Action Bible' from his Godparents (a.k.a Katie and Robert).  He is often found reading it intently.  It has also led to some very deep conversations which is always a good thing.  I was particularly impressed when one Sunday after Mass, Dom looked up at me with his big brown eyes and earnestly said he was going to go read his Bible.  #andachildshallleadthem
 John was the happy recipient of some recycled toys.  And he loves them.  Though I'm not a huge fan of toys that make noise, they sure do help you know where your 9 month old is.  And as long as you hear them playing, you know they are happy and entertained.

 This piano was originally given to Dom when he was a little over 1.  My mom enjoyed reminding me that my reaction to it wasn't the most gracious (see previous statement about my opinion of toys that make noise), however I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it keep my kids' attention over the last 7 years.  Thank you, Nana!
 It did not take long for the boys to break out Stratego.  There have been rumors of a tournament...but, it hasn't happened, yet.  I'll keep you posted.
 Molly received "Molly" baking ware for Christmas.  I admit, though I complained about there not being altered recipes for the smaller sizes, I really enjoyed doing all of the computations to make one small chocolate bundt cake.  And Molly enjoyed making it and sharing it with everyone.  Hopefully in the next week we will make muffins and pumpkin bread.  But, I've also been saying that for three weeks.  Nah, this is the week!

 A couple of days before Christmas, we learned a dear friend of ours passed away.  As we had a wide open schedule, we were able to attend his funeral in Ohio which we were very grateful for.  This also allowed us to see our neighbors in Ohio.  Mr. Cliff is an amazing wood worker and had made the kids some wood blocks.  He presented them with the explanation that they could make up games with them.  William immediately accepted this challenge and proceeded to make up several games.  However, I was the most impressed when I discovered that he used the blocks to spell out "John baby".  Such a clever boy...a little too clever....
 Speaking of Baby John, John loves his baths.  Now that he can crawl, if I can no longer hear him playing with his toys, I will most often find him in our bathroom standing by the tub.  Generally pushing all soap bottles in.  It's a funny thing, I use to dread giving the kids baths, but John is so fun to watch as he plays, I actually volunteer to do it.  It probably helps a great deal that he doesn't start screaming when it is time to rinse off, like a few other kids I know use to...
 Dom and Will putting together a lego.  I don't think a single piece ended up in John's mouth.  Success!
 A brief synopsis of our New Years Eve:
It was pretty much the best one ever.  We had party supper, I dressed up in my highschool prom dress (Molly said I looked like Elsa from Frozen, which was convenient because she was dressed as Anna), and then we played games from 7 - midnight.  Dom and Will stayed up the whole time.  We played Clue, Uno, Pass the Pigs, a Perplexus challenge, a Geopuzzle callenge, pick up sticks, Go Fish...I think that is it.  It was so much fun!  I'm really glad I have a family that shares my interests.  It makes life so much easier!
 A few days later, we welcomed Nana and L'Opa to Florida. Just in time for Molly's 4th birthday.
 We had a wonderful time with them.  Dom, in particular, enjoyed having them sub in for his homeschooling.  And Will enjoyed discussing planets with L'Opa (who also taught them a couple new vocabulary words: horizon and dumbfounded).

 Nana spent the majority of her time sewing Molly's new nightgown and night cap.  Molly had mentioned to me earlier that she would like grapes on them, but Nana and already purchased the material with pretty rosebuds.   The funny thing about this is that though Molly had sat by Nana as she worked for two days, when it was time to put on the finished product, Molly wanted to know if it had purple grapes on it.  Luckily, Nana and sewn on some pretty, sparkly pink buttons, and that saved the moment.  Plus, the nightgown and hat are so cute and soft.  I don't mind at all when Molly comes in early to snuggle.

 The kids all enjoyed spending time with Nana and L'Opa and sharing their favorite toys and books and puzzles.  They are already talking about what they want to do the next time they come to town.  In Dom's case, he'd like to just hold off on English until Nana returns.  Sorry, Dom.
 And I will just end with a few pictures.  Last week, Eric had a promotion party to go to, so the kids and I had a movie night.  Well, the older three did.  John, enjoyed messing with Molly's hair more.
 Dom and Will snuggling on the couch.  Glad these two like each other.  Most of the time.
And, here is John.  9 months old and a lot of fun.  Lately he has started eating a lot more table food.  He also has learned to shake his head quite vigorously and thinks it is hilarious.  And just yesterday he learned how to clap.  Such a smart kid.  And I might as well document here how Will picks him up and brings him to me.  Considering that John is half Will's weight, pretty good and Will is very proud of this accomplishment.  I will some day get a picture of this, but for now, I will continue to quickly grab John from his precarious perch.

2 comments:

Nana said...

We had a great time too. Tell Miss Molly that I'll keep my eye out for material that has grapes on it.

Liz said...

I'll try to remember and look for it down here. Great post! Love those guys. Miss you all.