Molly is 4-years-old. I forget this sometimes for various reasons, but then she makes observations and I realize how quick she is. For example, yesterday Molly and I went to pay our rent. The lady behind the desk has met Molly before and I'm pretty sure she remembered that Molly always has something entertaining to say. Last time they had a discussion on the merits of Frozen versus Lego Movie. This particular time, Molly informed her that we had 'Stuppums' in the car. I let the lady know that his actual name is John, but they all call him this name...I think Will coined it...somehow, it fits. Eric keeps pushing 'Jack', but even I will find myself thinking 'Stuppums' as I look at John.
At any rate, she asked Molly if she had a nickname. I expected her to say 'Molly' or to not really know what a nickname was. However, her reply came back:
"Yes, Saint Agnes" (Though Molly pronounces it: 'Agnee')
I bursted out laughing and translated what my little girl had said and also said we had never referred to her as that. But, then Molly surprised me when she added:
"Actually, my dad calls me 'Molly Badger'."
This is absolutely correct.
There is a youtube video of "The Honey Badger" which has quite a bit of explicit language, but is also pretty funny. There are several shots of the honey badger going after prey while the narrator says the line: "The Honey Badger just takes what it wants. It doesn't care!" (insert inappropriate language a couple of times, and that is just about verbatim) This was a viral video around the time Molly was born. We probably had just recently watched it around Valentine's Day after Molly had turned one. As Eric and I were sitting at the dinner table, we hear Molly getting into something. I had left some candy boxes on the floor (silly me), and Molly had quietly crawled over and chewed the top off the box of some Reeses Pieces. And she has been the Molly Badger ever since. I have now learned to hide our candy stash a little better, as she still just goes for what she wants. She doesn't care.
2 comments:
Also credit to Mizti's photo montage: "When she's hungry, she's hungry! Molly badger don't care!"
I'll go for St. Agnee. But I still like Li'l John!
Post a Comment