The boys are always trying to tell jokes. We have a few joke books and they will pull those out on occasion and read them to us. Or they make up the worst jokes. But, honestly, I laugh at those the hardest because of their signature style in the telling.
Dom's follow such a pattern:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
(first word that comes to his mind): Basketball
Basketball who?
Do you want to come out and play basketball with me? (Or his answers are even longer and more intricate...sort of ruining any timing)
Will's jokes are slightly better, but he also steals quite a few from his resource library on the subject. Eric and I laugh pretty hard at these because of the relish with which he tells the joke and then proceeds to explain why it is funny:
Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 ate 9...get it? Only it isn't the number '8', it is the word 'ate' and it is funny because 'ate' and '8' sound the same...so it is like you are just saying 7, 8, 9..except 7 ate 9 is why 6 is afraid of 7. Get it? It's so funny! (This whole bit is told through a giant smile on his face)
That particular gem was the joke du jour yesterday. The kids read it in a new math workbook I'd provided for them along with a few others. However, Molly's version was perhaps the funniest telling of them all: (please, please, please attempt to hear Molly's voice in your head):
Why was 11 afraid of 12? Because he was going to eat 'em!
I'm still laughing from the memory.
I cannot wait until John gets in on this comedy team.
1 comment:
I can hear Will and Molly on these. And I am laughing!!
Post a Comment