It's been two week since Halloween, so I figured I better get these pictures up before another holiday comes through. We elected to not decorate until the day before Halloween for multiple reasons. Rain was the most logical reason, but if I'm honest, it is because I am a bit lazy when it comes to decorating. However, The Dollar Tree does offer a multitude of decorating options that the kids enjoyed taping up around the house. They were happy and I continue to lower the bar on their expectations. However, this year, Eric did create a dummy for the front of the house. Pretty cool, huh?
We walked around the neighborhood with our neighbors. And by 'walked' I mean the kids ran, our neighbor kindly kept up with them as Eric and I attempted to give John his first Halloween experience. He's a Hobbit by the way. The cape is awesome and...I didn't spend too much time agonizing over the rest of the costume. I don't think I've mentioned, it was really hot and humid that particular day, so John probably wouldn't have kept anything else on for long. We are going with that story anyway.
However, the humidity did aid his costume in that it makes his hair extra curly. He was an adorable half-ling.
Eric making our neighbor into a mummy.
John has no idea what he is getting into, but he just rolled with it. He ran up to people and excitedly said: "Hi!". I think the thought that was the whole point of the exercise. The candy seemed to always surprise him.
I don't think we've done this before, but the kids drew their faces on their pumpkins prior to Eric cutting them out.
Dom's
Molly's
Will's
After about 30 minutes of Trick-or-Treating, John and Molly were done. We came home and they had a really good time handing out the candy. Molly sometimes had a hard time waiting for people to come to us. At one point, she just started walking down the sidewalk with a bag of candy.
Dom came home next and Will followed shortly after. Our trick-or-treat window was from 6 - 8. But, the Royals game 4 started at 7...so Dom made sure he was home in plenty of time for that. As a result of the shorter time, the Buschelmans may for the first time actually finish their Halloween candy. I left out some of last year's remaining collection (including some additions from Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter) in a bucket before we left on our rounds. It was gone by the time we came back. Don't worry, though, I have my collection of chocolate safely stored away for emergencies.
The next morning we prepared for another costume. All Saint's Day Parade. Dom was St. Patrick, Will was St. Francis, and Molly was St. Gianna. And then we all came home, took naps, and started to take down the decorations we had put up 2 days before. Except for this door cover thing that looks really cool from the inside when the front porch light is on. It looks like a couple of mummies are looking in your house. Not scary mummies, but cartoonish mummies. I'm not sure when I'll take that down. Truth be told, I probably won't. But, Will or Molly or Dom will point out that I am living in the past and need to move on. Just like they do every time I wear my Epic Pi Day shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment