04 November 2015

Molly's New Morning Routine

 While the rest of us were cheering on the Royals and just plugging away at school, Miss Molly has been left to her own devices.   The other morning she decided she wanted to have a "Pupcake Party"  (Get it?).  I came into the garage to discover that she had set everything up.  When I exclaimed: "Molly, that is adorable!", her immediate response was: "I know, right?"...hm...wonder where she has heard that phrase?
 Molly loves to get dressed up, but unfortunately, she also loves to play with scissors.  As a result, in the last week John has received his first haircut (one wouldn't notice at all, but she came up and showed me the blond curl immediately afterwards), her pretty green dress has a straight line hole in it, the floor has a thin layer of small pieces of paper on it, and the scissors have been hidden away.  One would think that should have been perhaps the second thing done on the list...but, that wouldn't have been much of a list, would it?  I'm thinking of the public when I don't make the soundest of parenting decisions...That is why there is a second parent in the house.
 This morning, Molly disappeared for a while (she tends to do this) and I discovered her again in the garage, sitting primly with a bit of sewing in her pretty dress (they are the sewing cards that Nana gave us a few years ago...no sharp objects involved).  She looked like a lady out of Pride and Prejudice.  Between you and me, she should probably fire her ladies' maid.  Her hair is not exactly well-coiffed, is it.
 Then finally, I discovered this letter in the mailbox.  Her friend next door will on occasion put messages in our mailbox, so I assumed the folded up piece of paper was for Molly.  But, then she asked if I had checked the mailbox recently.  Luckily, I knew exactly where it was and I'm so glad that I did.  The letter reads: Dear Mom I will get you some pumpkins, Love Molly

I asked her if Alexa had helped her with the spelling and letters, and she told me that she had done it all herself.  She looked up how to spell 'pumpkins' and 'some' in a couple of books we have been reading recently.  Such a clever girl!  Of course, she has always been independent.  At age 3 she figured out how to open fruit snacks by retrieving a scissors because she didn't want to bother me...because I had already told her she couldn't have one.  I need to stay on my toes with her, but I'm enjoying seeing all that she is capable of.  And, yet, she still claims she is too little to clean up her toys...
And now, I need to go brush her hair and get ready to teach the others.  So that they can stay ahead of their sister.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Sounds like Will is grooming an accomplice for his future....