How is it possible she is already 5? Well, several days have passed since she came into this world and she has been going just about 100 percent speed ever since. It is impossible for time to not fly by.
Molly has such an absolutely fantastic personality. She is nearly always up for just about anything life throws at her. If you ask her to do something, 7 times out of 10 she will respond: I'd love to! The other three times...let's just say she would not love to, and quite likely is refusing to at the top of her voice...you always know where you stand with Molly.
Molly's imagination is wonderful. She will disappear for a time, only to return with a fancy meal set up for you and her dolls. Dressed to the nines. Or she will play for hours with Will and a set of toy drill parts each with its own unique character. Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to pick these up. You will really mess up their story.
Molly is incredibly bright and perceptive. And her memory is extremely clear. I am looking forward to starting her officially in kindergarten next year...if I can keep up with her. She is always surprising me with what she is already able to do. For example, she has an excellent grasp of opposites. One day as we were leaving The Dollar Tree (I love that store!), she held the door open for a gentleman who said: 'Thank you, Young Lady!'. Her quick response came back: 'You're Welcome, Old Man!'.
Molly's fashion sense has continued to evolve. I love seeing what she comes up with and her explanation of her inspiration for the get-up. Trust me, there is always quite a bit of thought that goes in to her ensemble. Even if it is just eenie-minie-moe between three shirts, pants, and socks.
As I've said many times, Molly is up for anything, whether it is a dance party, singing around the piano, flying broomsticks, or wearing cinnamon buns in her hair. And if she isn't up for it, she'll let you know she is tired and disappear to her bed for a nap.
Molly is my first child to really embrace accessories. (excluding Dom's propensity to wear baseball caps...always). She loves getting compliments (but, use the correct words: pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, cute, lovely....awesome and cool have been relegated to not fitting of our little lady)
When the doctor announced I had delivered a little girl, I was a little in shock. And when we went to church and people came and congratulated us with a: 'Oh, you got your little girl!', I was a bit offended for my sons. But, as this year has progressed, I've caught myself understanding a bit more these sentiments and how wonderful it is to have a little girl. Especially one who identifies with me so proudly. (Despite my lack of accessories...but, she is very complimentary when I do wear them). This year our relationship has strengthened in the kitchen while baking, in the living room while watching sappy movies that no one will watch with us, and on the bed reading books I've been saving to share with her. And of course, doing our make-up together.
Eric and I have been amazed at the differences in the children and Molly is the outlier in so many ways. We regularly look at each other and he will comment how very glad he is that she is a part of our family. She definitely gives it a little spice and loads of color and sparkle.
Happy Birthday, Molly-Girl! God clearly knew what he was doing when he gave you to us and we are daily grateful for the chance to get to know you and hear your perspective on life. Your optimism and enthusiasm make even the grayest days seem brighter. We love you very much and look forward to watching you to continue to develop your personality and grow into a little lady that everyone wants to get to know. Have a beautiful and wonderful day. (Now, lets get to the store to buy that cake mix!)



2 comments:
Happy Birthday Molly! Tux sends you greeting also!! I'm guessing that the box from Kansas will arrive after your cake is baked and it is officially your FIFTH birthday.
We love you very much!
Happy Birthday, Molly!!! I can't believe the little Honey Badger is 5. I hope your day is wonderful.
Post a Comment