A couple of weeks ago, Mitzi sent us her camera that she never used. As a result we have pictures to share! And really, you should all thank Molly as she took several of the ones I chose.
We've had a pretty quiet week. Dom played a game on Saturday and did very well. I was so proud of his hustle. It paid off to have him get several good nights of sleep and eat a nice lunch prior to the game. When the last period came, Eric saw the coach survey the team and even though Dom had just played a period (and most of the first half) he put him back in because he was the only one not slouching into his seat on the sideline. After the game, we came home and he and his friends got to work making posters for the Super Bowl. They sold them to...ahem...three adults, who just happened to be closely related to the kids. Though, at 5 cents apiece, I'm guessing they might have been able to get a few more sales with appropriate advertising. Dom already has his eye on the neighbors across the street who sport a Michigan State flag for an easy target come March Madness.
Our weather has been a bit of a roller coaster. Cold one day, beautiful the next, rainy another day, cold, rainy and cold, then beautiful again (I can hear the tiny violin, Mitzi). We take full advantage of the beautiful days. I realized a few weeks ago that we don't have snow days...but, I really should build in some 'beautiful days' to our schedule...On one such day, John and I were hanging out on the deck when he discovered a vantage point he had never experienced before. He must have stood there for 10 minutes just looking over the rail and giving a running commentary. I didn't understand much of it, but 'balls' were spotted frequently. He has also met a literacy milestone of pointing at pictures and naming them spontaneously. His favorite is actually "Star" (obviously second to Jayhawk). All animals are 'moos' and all fruits are 'apple'. Despite Eric's attempts to teach him otherwise. Oh! He also recently saw pictures of Grandpa and Grandma and named them himself! That was pretty exciting. He also called Nana and L'Opa: Grandpa and Grandma, so we will work on that for the next couple of months. Along with the fruit and animal thing, but we do have priorities around here.
I believe I was on the phone with Mitzi when Molly snapped this picture. If it turns out that I do get a phone with picture taking technology, Molly will be thrilled with her Easter present.
For Christmas, John received a fort making kit. It consists of rods and balls to created a structure. Molly begged Eric to make her one last week while the older two and I were at choir practice (theirs, not mine. I use that time to catch up on reading and getting reacquainted with the sound of silence). She was so proud of it. She even slept in it that night.
Our three sons. Watching a movie and eating popcorn. I love watching John gravitate to the boys whenever they are in the room. Or maybe it was the popcorn. Either way, I grabbed the camera to capture it.
Another picture by Molly. I thought Eric would appreciate the genuine smile I was able to produce on command.
John has a habit of taking all of the books off the shelf and leafing through them. Sometimes I catch him doing this. But, more often, I just discover the large pile of books he left behind and find some older child to replace them. On this particular morning I heard him talking to himself and I saw he had discovered the photo albums. He was entranced. Which was good, because it kept him from his first choice of activity: Emptying puzzle boxes. Luckily, he only did it to one, and all of the pieces are accounted for.
Molly took this 'selfie'. Her hair looked particularly lovely that day. I've been meaning to ask my neighbor if she brushed it for her.
And these are two photos as evidence that I do teach the boys (well, at least Will). Twice in about a week both grandmothers have called while I was napping. Something I don't even do that regularly. But, I've been sick. And it's been cold and rainy. And sometimes after snuggling while doing a reading lesson or English lesson, I just lean over to close my eyes for a bit. But, on both these occasions, Dom was still working on his lessons (which made him more than happy to have a long conversation with both Grandma and Nana about absolutely anything they wanted to talk about). Let's just call it one of the perks of homeschooling. Along with taking beautiful days off.
3 comments:
Oh, wow! John's curls!! These are the best photos of them yet. Oh, and everything else is great too. Molly is turning into quite the photographer.
Maybe Dom and Will can give me a call when they catch you napping!
I feel a little bad that I disturbed you , but he was such a great talker that day. So much to talk about!! Random calls are the best, anyway,
Post a Comment