11 May 2017

Good times with the Family

 Luckily, Eric had the foresight to take the Friday after our return off.  It was a great opportunity to go to a local place called The Track.  I thought there was deal going on that allowed us to get 2 for 1 tokens, but turns out that starts after Memorial Day...guess we will be going back!
 All the same, we had a really fun time doing the bumper cars, go karts, and carnival type rides with no crowds. 
 John is still on the short side for some of the rides, so he had to make due in the mini-ferris wheel while the other played bumper boats.


 And Molly took a drive around a track all by herself.  By the way, I beat Eric at the Go Karts...and everyone else, too.  Will and Molly were super impressed.

 John in his Mickey sweatshirt.  He is pretty proud of his disguise if you can't tell.
Have you ever watched a child fall asleep?  I remember the first time I watched my niece Mary Ann fall asleep.  I thought it was such a magical moment and I still think that.  The child gets very still and starts staring straight ahead.  Then the blinks start going slower and slower until finally the lids just don't open and they are out.  As we have been in the car a lot lately, I have witnessed John's slow blinks at one stop light and discover him asleep at the next stop light.  On our recent road trip, I turned around after a stop and saw the tell tale long stare.  I ask the general audience: 'Who's about to fall asleep?' John breaks his stare long enough to look at me with a little smile and say: 'It's Me!'

Sure enough, within 5 minutes we hear his slow methodic breathing as he dreams about not being in the car seat anymore.  I can only guess that must be his dreams as he is nearly always quite upset to wake up and discover he is still in it.

No comments: