
It has been a little wild here in Dayton during the last few weeks. If you read the blog, you know Dominic was Baptized on 3 Feb, and we had a full house for that. Then, the weather took a plunge and we got lots of snow as you can see. It was snow, then ice, then snow again. I should have waited until it was all over to shovel the driveway, but I didn't. I shoveled 3 times, and it was definitely more work than if I had just waited until it was all over (about 6-7 inches in all).
Then fun things started happening at school. My advisor informed me that he will be travelling to Italy on 7 March, so it would be a good idea if I had defended my thesis by then. So, I promptly set a defense date of 5 March (in a little over 2 weeks). I was skeptical as to whether or not I would have anything really meaningful to present (this is my thesis), or if my work is really not that important. After getting 2 days off from school (b/c of the snow), I was able to crunch some data, add a few pages of results, and was planning on getting more feedback. Unfortunately, my advisor hurt his back shoveling snow and has taken a week off. So, I go visit my sponsor (AF Research Labs) to see what they think.
They love it!! We had a great meeting today, and they are really excited about the possibilities (small as they may be) that my research will provide to their mission (electromagnetic material measurements). So that was great. I celebrated by working until 5, and then coming home for dinner (Liesel made soup) and a martini while I read about the theology of Benedict XVI. Its the sprint to the finish!!
3 comments:
Great news on the thesis and its application to the research lab. Liked the martini too.
Dad
Those are REALLY nice coasters you have! I also applaud you on your thesis progression--congrats!! So, after Mar 5, you will just be a free bird, right? ;-)
Eric,
You can do it!!!! The home stretch is already upon you, and the end is within your grasp :) If I can do it, you most certainly can. I look foward to being able to congratulate you soon. Keep us posted!
- Emily
Post a Comment