08 March 2008

Saturday's Blizzard

There is a blizzard going on in Dayton right now, and since Liesel and Dom are in Wisconsin visiting the Reddigs, I thought the website was overdue for a post. So here we go.

A few weeks ago, we also had snow. We took Dominic on a walk out the mailbox. In the album, you can see how many Dominic steps equal one of ours (answer: six).


Dominic was also overdue for a haircut. This is the post-haircut picture, since it took both of us to hold on to him. Cut almost 3 inches off to get here - and now he looks a lot less shaggy.

Chris Michele was our neighbor here in Dayton for about a year, but moved to Colorado right around the time Dominic was born. He was back in town on business and came by for an hour. We talked shop, and Notre Dame football. Maybe next season will be better!


Did I mention that Liesel and Dominic were gone all this week? Well, me having no idea what to do with myself, I started cooking. Tuesday night I cooked up a festa italiana- spaghetti alla norma, e fungi e pomodori. I of course documented all my work in the album. yesterday, I started making candied orange peels in preparation to make biscotti all'arancia. I'll finish that up today.


Lots of snow here - one of the first times the forecast has been reasonably accurate with regards to snow!

ciao ciao

No comments: