17 February 2009

In the wee small hours of the morning....

(Yeah, it's late, and i'm still on my "night shift" circadian rythym. )

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

What's all this about Facebook???  If anyone ever wanted to ask me why I'm using a fake name on it, that's why (although, to be sure, I've posted an equal amount of personal info on this website).

And this makes me glad I'm an Oklahoma resident... and this makes glad I don't actually live there; well, in Norman, anyway.

Like Liesel said: "It's a Keel in Alabama -- of course we're related."  (about 2/3 down after the jump)

Liesel's *GREAT* post not only recieved far more comments than any of *MY* posts (thanks, readers) but reminded me of one thing: no body knows what I do every day, now that I'm on my new job.  So, here we go.

THE NIGHT SHIFT ROUTINE (1 day)

8 AM: All are dragged out bed by Dominic.  Dad makes coffee & pancakes (upon request).  iPod selection - Jack Johnson mix.

8.45 AM: Catch the last of NPR Morning Edition.  Microwave cold coffee, read WSJ, prevent Dom from stealing Will's baby crackers.  

9 AM:  Switch radio to Neal Boortz Show.  Cheering of "You said it, Neal!!" ensues.

10.30 AM:   Tire of inane callers on Boortz; put Jack back on.  Dom watches Sesame Street.  Will attempts to play on his own without having toys stolen.  Mom and Dad change out of pajamas.

11.30 AM -- 1.30 PM:  Have crazy idea to "go out" somewhere: mall, Kroger, library, Target, The Greene.  May or may not get lunch.  Dom has 1 meltdown, but Will is very pleasant.  

2 PM:  Dominic & Dad take naps.  Mom calls big sis KT.  

4.15 PM:  Dominic wakes up, and then wakes up Dad, who pretends not to notice for another 15 minutes.  

4.30 PM:  Snacks!  cheese & crackers / popcorn / apple slices.  drinks: usually espresso, sometimes cocoa.

5 PM:  try to go outside, usually in the wagon -- when it's not absolutely freezing outside.  Get the mail.  

5.05 PM:  Come back inside.  Dominic and Dad run plays in the living room, and Mom gets dinner ready.

6 PM:  Dinner.

7 PM:  Bathtime for boys.  Dad shaves (avoid that 5 AM shadow thing).

7.30 PM:  Stories and bedtime.

7.40 PM:  Dad (from here on known as "LT") leaves for work.

7.52 PM: Dominic comes back downstairs.

8 PM:  LT and 'the Sarge' start shift - making the world safe for democracy.

9.30 PM:  Dominic goes back to bed.  

10.00 PM:  LT reports [REDACTED] over [REDACTED], indicating an increase of [REDACTED] since [REDACTED].  

12.00 AM:  Sarge puts on the Rush Limbaugh Podcast.  LT gets 3d cup of coffee.

3 AM:  LT and the night crew watch 'Red Eye' on FNC.

4 AM: Ho hum, just another day at work. (the picture after the jump is great)

4.15 AM:  William wakes up, gets brought into bed by Mom.

5.45 AM:  Dominic wakes up, gets brought into bed by Mom.

6.15 AM:  LT gets 6th cup of coffee.

7.55 AM:  Day shift gets in early, LT goes home.

8.30 AM: Family continues routine, but Dad goes to bed without breakfast and sleeps until 4.30 PM -- if Mom is generous.

***

Currently listening to:  Jason Mraz - Geek in the Pink.


8 comments:

Ann Strunk said...

[REDACTED] :)

MrsKBJ said...

I will bump your comments up to 2 :) See you Friday!

MrsKBJ said...

BTW, you will have to make a post about LOST. I love hearing your theories! When you have time between working, sleeping, and helping Liesel with the kiddos :O)

Robert said...

Here's another comment for Eric's post. I still don't really know what you do Eric...is that ok? Although I must say, I'm glad you're providing that blanket of freedom by listening to Rush at work...

Eric said...

Well, my NCO has as membership with the Rush website, and since we can't get a radio signal at work, and we sleep during the day (when working nights) we listen to podcasts! And it's really just to pass the time - it's unbearable to watch CNN.

Rick said...

I like that part about "Keeping the world safe for Democracy"....smells like "VICTORY!"

Anonymous said...

Well all...here is my theory about how Lost will end. Since they are time jumping soooooo much, I think Ben will make time go back and stop Desmond from accidently crashing 815 and Jack will live happily ever after (of course, means my Jack and Kate will never have been together and hopefully Desmond will end up back with his beloved Penny...

Anonymous said...

why do i think about my taxpayer dollars at work when i read some posts lol boy kids look cuter than a bugs ear..sure can see the swede in them,,,love to all great gramp