Anyway, yesterday was a red letter day for a couple of brothers under my care. I had given up on trying to make it to the gym and had resigned myself to a day of just getting some things done around the house. Namely laundry and figuring what the heck we were going to have for dinner without going to the store. The boys were doing a wonderful job of playing together and I wasn't having to dry too many tears.
The fun started when Dom runs in to the kitchen to say that Will had no pants. Turned out that the oversize pants were too much for the belt and had finally come off the squirmy 19-month old. It didn't take long for Dom to decide that he didn't want to wear pants either. So now I have two boys running around in just diapers. Really, nothing horrible happened, it was just funny to watch.
I decided I would go upstairs and straighten up the rooms while the boys were content to play. I could hear the giggles of the two and kept thinking how blessed I was to have two such sweet little boys. I occasionally heard bumps and things dropping, but since there was no crying, I just continued what I was doing.
My good mood quickly changed when I came down and saw our living room curtains hanging askew, the cheap curtain rods bent, and the table lamp lying on the floor along with all books and picture frames from the end table. The boys had been crawling up on the table and for all I know swinging on the curtains onto the couch. In their diapers. Like Tarzan. They were having such a good time, the fact I was yelling and screaming didn't even faze them. As soon as I would pick Will up to set him on the floor, he was back trying to get back up on the end table. If I replaced the lamp, he just knocked it out of his way. Dom was excitedly trying to tell me about the whole adventure. It took me about a minute to realize nothing truly bad had happened, calm down, and to see the humor in the situation. And to realize that this is just the beginning. . .
3 comments:
This is the best liesel...so funny. Your last comment tells me again what a great mom you are....
Oh, boy. Nothing like a couple of monkeys running loose in your house.
I just read this again...LOL.
Post a Comment