The kids did not hesitate to let their imagination run wild as they road off to destinations as far away as California and Alaska.
I was going to get off at California, but Will's description of Alaska was so exciting I asked how much further his destination was. The answer: 100 miles. Clearly I need to add some distance practice to our curriculum.
All of the kids took turns being the train engineer and being passengers. My favorite part was being served in the dining car. They happened to be serving my favorite breakfast: pancakes with nutella and fresh strawberries! William, naturally, ordered bacon.
It is always a boost for my pride how much the kids enjoy it when we parents take part in their play. They do fine on their own, but everything gets taken up a notch when a parent joins in the fun.
Here is Dom doing his impersonation of Grandpa Mac
A friend recently introduced us to books by Mo Willems. The boys think they are hilarious, and I enjoy reading them, too. One in particular: "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus", is a favorite. This picture makes me think I should write a similar one entitled: "Don't Let the 1-year-old Drive the Train"...ahhhh, but it makes her so happy!
2 comments:
They come by this naturally. Their great-great-grandfather Robert Nolan was a train engineer.
was there any bindle stiffs on the train,,? that took time and talent to build,,kids look sweet,,tell all great gramp loves them
Post a Comment