08 June 2012

Visit to the Strawberry Patch

 A few weeks ago we traveled to Troy, Ohio to visit a strawberry patch that my friends had been raving about.  After our pathetic apple picking last fall, I wasn't overly optimistic, but I believed it was worth a try.
 When we got to the patch I was amazed at the plethora of perfect strawberries.  We easily picked enough to fill a bucket and the kids were actually helpful.  Well, the boys were.  Molly preferred to wander down the rows of strawberries.
 Dominic and William both tried the strawberries.  Dom exclaimed that they were the best strawberries he had ever had, and Will exclaimed at the presence of seeds on the outside of the berry.  He proceeded to not eat it.
 And here is the typical sight of Molly.  I keep thinking she will turn around and come back, but no.  She just keeps going and going and going.  Eventually, I send one of the boys to chase her down and drag her back.
We collected a lot of berries.  Much more than we could eat before they would go bad.  I froze about 3/4ths of them.  I'm not sure what I will do with them, though, for now, I've been enjoying using them as ice cubes in lemonade.  My sons do not quite know what to do with such an elegant mom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What fruit will you talk about next?? *sitting on the edge of my seat*

Nana said...

You need to figure out how to make the Buschelman version of Mickey D/s frozen strawberry lemonade. Or, how about strawberry brownie shortcake?