18 August 2012

August at the Buschelmaennerhaus

 This is the third in a string of posts.  We have had a very active last few weeks.  The Olympics has played a big part in that we are either watching it or pretending we are participating in our favorite events.  Diving off the couches, anyone?
 Dominic's ability to color has continued to amaze me.  Maybe when he is a senior in high school, I will stop being amazed.  Though, I don't know, Grandma Liz, now that your son is about to earn his doctorate, does his ability to color in the lines still impress you?
 Dom caught a cricket and we released him to the wild using his handy-dandy bug collector thing (official title).  Ok, actually, I captured him and I released him, but the boys were there at all aspects and gave me the encouragement I needed to complete the task.  It was a total team effort.
 At the beginning of August, we loaded up and took one the shortest road trips we have ever taken.  We drove the three hours up to Ann Arbor, Michigan to accompany Eric as he presented some of his research at a conference.  Lucky for me, there was children's hands-on museum within walking distance of our hotel.  We visited all three days for a few hours.  The rest of the time the boys were basically doing some variation of the above and below activity.  Yup.  I had a great time...

Though, it was nice to take a bit of a break from the regular routine.  As Eric pointed out, I didn't have to cook or clean-up after meals.  And staying in a hotel is fun when you look at it through the eyes of your children.  Despite the disappointment of not having a pool, the boys and Molly loved riding the elevator and going through the rotating doors.  Oh, and the fact their mom let them watch hours of cartoons.  Exactly what else are you suppose to do when you want to keep two kids quiet while the third child sleeps? (and you need a nap yourself...)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I took Owen to that museum when we went to Ann Arbor for a conference with Ryan. He talked about it for weeks.