12 August 2012

Our Little Princess

Another collection of snaps of our precious daughter.
 Molly loves putting on shoes.  She does a pretty good job of putting on her own, but prefers the larger shoes of her parents and brothers.  One evening we heard loud clomping around the upstairs.  She was walking around in some of my highest heels (though, as they are mine, they aren't that high).  Unfortunately, the pictures came out fuzzy, but I thought I would add them anyway.
 A couple of weeks ago, Dom took part in a soccer camp.  Will, Molly, and I went to watch three of the days.  William did an amazing job of sitting and coloring or making up games.  His favorite game was to hold several crayons and then ask me which was the highest.  He was always very complimentary of my ability to deduce the correct one.  Molly preferred to wander around the entire field.  Will, being a very helpful brother, would track her down for me and make sure she stayed out of danger.
 On the last day of the camp, Will and Molly were exploring when they came across a mud puddle.  As I came up to collect them, Molly did her best impression of Anne of Green Gables attempting to herd her cow out of her neighbor's cabbage patch (skip to the 4 min mark).  She was pretty muddy and we only had a shirt of Dom's to put her in.  When she got home, she also put on Will's shoes.  Of course, I would not have let her go out in public looking like this, but around the house I thought she looked very cute.
 And just a few other pictures of our little girl.  Molly was the only one willing to touch a huge caterpillar we found outside our kitchen window.  Quite the brave little girl.

Just a side story.  A friend recently posted something about what we say to our children becomes their inner voices.  I commented that we know how successful we've been when their inner voices become their outer voices.  Now that we have a couple of talking children, I've heard phrases I've used repeated back in their conversations with one another...for better and for worse.  Obviously, I'm not about to share a case of "the worse", but the other day as I was driving I heard Dom talking to Molly and he said:
"Well, how are you today, Precious?"
I get a kick out of it when they pick up the nicknames we use for them.  Which leads me to one more story.   I will also occasionally call Molly "Sweet Pea".  I picked this up from my sister, Katie, who called her eldest daughter that when she was born.  This was shortly before Eric and I got married, and I would use this pet name with Eric and he hated it.  He also did not allow me to use it with our sons.  And I can respect that.  Anyhow, a few weeks ago, Will overheard me call Molly "sweet pea."  He then proceeded to ask if I called her that "because she leaked out and had accidents in her diaper".  Now, I can no longer use it even for my sweet daughter.  Men!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pix,,love the name sweet pea,,,comes from the popeye cartoon,,tell all kids great gramp says love you

Nana said...

"Pea" is a b'Thumped word!!