02 June 2013

Running

In the coming weeks I will have a post about our trip northwest to visit family, but as I have not uploaded those pictures and I have uploaded these pictures,  I will write about my kids running. 
Several weeks ago, Eric was watching a track meet on television.  I do not know which track meet or who exactly was running, but the American relay team was competing.  After watching several races, the boys went outside with chalk.  When Eric and I moseyed outside, we had found they had made track lanes and were racing each other around the cars. 
 It was not long before Molly joined the action representing the barefoot running crowd.

 After a few laps, they started practicing their relay team skills.
 I love the smiles on their faces.  It's a nice reminder that running can be a joyful activity.   I have started to get back in the habit of running and the kids are not only great inspirations but also great training partners.  Our YMCA has a little area with smaller equipment.  After my run, the kids and I do about 10 minutes of circuit training.  Which is nice because I would never sit down at a weight machine otherwise.  They would do more than 10 minutes, but I'm exhausted and hungry.   And as I tell my children on a regular basis, I'm in charge.  For now, at least, they seem to buy that logic.  Or maybe it is the fruit snacks I bribe them with to leave...

2 comments:

Liz said...

This makes me wish I was your neighbor!

Liz said...

This makes me wish I was your neighbor!