A week ago, it was hot, not unlike every other day since we returned from our trip to the west. But, as I had purchased water balloons at a recent outing to The Dollar Tree (I love that store!), I elected to pad my lead in the #1 Mom contest by filling water balloons. I stopped at a little over half of the container and let the kids at them. This lasted about 5 minutes...and that is a long estimate. However, their giggles and cries of delight made me actually want to spend another 20 minutes filling the remaining half. As I filled them, I thought to myself that each Thursday evening Eric and I should spend a little time filling water balloons for a weekly fight on Friday.
What I neglected to take into account is that once I hit the couch on any given evening, my next move is generally in the direction of the bedroom...not back out to the kitchen where the balloon filling takes place. Thus, this past week Eric and I did not have a date night filling water balloons, but I had a Friday morning of doing this on my own (with a very brief attempt at help from one of the neighbor boys...this turned into more work for me, so I asked him politely to go out and join in the water gun fight until the balloons were ready)
I did venture out and take a few pictures of the proceeding. Molly immediately took aim.
The boys know better.
And that stream of water quickly swerved to become a direct hit on my pants, which meant I changed my clothes for the second time within 15 minutes (the first pair had been a casualty of a bad water balloon).
The kids had a great time. And one of the neighbor's actually filled an additional 30 water balloons, which I welcomed. We'll see if this actually becomes a weekly event. Though, I do have another 100 water balloons waiting to be filled in my kitchen cabinet.
No comments:
Post a Comment