Will celebrated his 5th birthday on Wednesday. It was a really wonderful day. We started at about 6:30 AM and ended a little before 8 PM (though, Molly had a little trouble accepting that the party was over)
A while ago, I thought of the idea to have a big water balloon fight for Will's birthday. As I spent an hour filling water balloons I made several discoveries. First, our guest bathroom has a great faucet for filling water balloons. Second, the $1 balloons from the Dollar Tree (I love that store!) are much better than the 97 cent balloons from Walmart. Third, I really shouldn't have left the balloons out and easy for Molly to find. But, we actually made it to the fight without a single water balloon being thrown early. Due to the dangerous nature of the event, I decided to not have any pictures of the actual fight, but these are approximately 150 of the water balloons.
After the fight, we all enjoyed a piece of cake. And for the first time in our Buschelman household, we have a cake that will be completely consumed. It helped that we let the kids have two slices on Will's actual birthday. But, still, it is a testimony to the tastiness of the cake that we all made a point to eat more slices in the days after Will's birthday. We are generally ice cream and cookie people. (Though, I do make an exception for cheesecake)
Will opened presents all day long. We discovered at Dom's 1st birthday that it is really overwhelming to open everything at once. We like to spread it out through the day. Ok, Eric and I like to spread it out. One day our children will appreciate this.
I do not have pictures of all of his gifts, but I have a few of the highlights. He received a couple of 100 piece puzzles that he wanted to do right away, a really neat game where the object is to build railroads, rivers, and roads, a set of Mario pajamas that he wears with great pride, lots of cash (He ran and found me after opening one card and told me he got a dollar, but this one had a 20 on it), a lego set, a card game, blaster guns (see above picture...these make a loud obnoxious sound and have been banished to the Florida room), and a Jr. Glow Rocket Blaster: (Please be impressed I got a picture of the rocket in flight)
When one asks William what his favorite gift is, he thinks for a bit and then will say: "All of them!" And this is a high compliment because of all of my children, Will would definitely let you know if he didn't like something. For example, on the birthday CD Eric made, he informed me he didn't like "I'll Make a Man out of You" from Mulan (one of my suggestions) and was very disappointed that Eric had included the Tottenham anthem. Everyone knows, Will's a Chelsea Man!
Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes and cards and presents. Our Little Man had a wonderful day!
2 comments:
Dad got soaked in the water balloon fight - every single kid went after me!!
How about Mom?
Sounds like a super birthday.
Post a Comment