23 March 2014

We have been busy...and I've been tired



There has been a two week gap in my posts.  I do apologize.  But, you can imagine how the house has been the last couple of weeks.  It didn't help that a week ago Molly got a stomach bug.  AND there has been a couple of minor basketball tournaments keeping us pretty occupied.

Lack of blog posts aside, I feel the most prepared to welcome a child as I ever have.  Perhaps it is having a fourth and one is pretty sure what one needs at this point (and more importantly, what one does not need).  I have been unable to find our boy newborn clothes, however, I also know that I don't really need that many.  I have several neutral sleepers and the kids and I took a trip to a local consignment store and bought a few outfits.  Nana and L'Opa also contributed to the essentials, so I believe we are covered for the next three months or so:

Nana has provided a future snuggly for John.  We are debating names.  Our suggestions are Naismith, Phog, and Gene.  We are breaking tradition and giving John two middle names:  Eugene and Anthony.  Anthony for St. Anthony (patron saint of lost items) and Eugene for a good friend of ours from Dayton.

A couple of weeks ago I also got the 'nursery' set up.  All by myself...well, except for the heavy lifting of assembling the crib and changing table.  I had Eric do that back in November.  But, I think it all turned out quite nicely:

What is really neat (in my opinion) is that there are a few blankets that were used by Dom, Will, and Molly as babies included in the room decor.

And then to just run out this post, some photos of the kids:

 After taking glasses in for repairs two weeks in a row, I purchased a back-up pair online.  I think they are adorable.  Molly prefers her pink frames.  Of course.
 Dom has been living in his Jayhawk basketball jersey for the last several weeks.  He will allow me to wash it regularly and he always changes his white t-shirt.  He has plenty of those.  But, the majority of the days will see him sporting his No. 22 Jersey!  Rock Chalk!


 And finally, Will was eating an ice cream cone which resulted in a very similar likeness to his father who is participating in moustache march.  I really wish I knew how to get a picture of Eric uploaded to the blog.  They are nearly identical!!

PS.  Here is Dad's mustache.  I'm all dressed up to sing in the San Antonio German Men's Choir!


Ok, gotta go cheer on the 'Hawks!  Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Molly and I are going to take so many selfies with our glasses

Liz said...

Oh, good idea, Mitzi! Be sure to post them!

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the write up always do,,todays my 81 st birth day,,no plans well a nap or two,,, give my love to kids great gramp here in cold omaha

Anonymous said...

by the way i have a real nice DVD player,,14 inch with controller,,,would the kids have any need for it? can be used as a tv monitor too. greatgramps here