09 March 2014

Week in Review

I try to update the blog a couple of times a week.  Many times I have a specific topic to write about, but on this occasion I will just recount the week's events.

The biggest event was that my friend, Alicia, and her two kids came to visit.  They got in Tuesday evening and stayed until Saturday morning.  I really enjoyed having another adult around to talk to, but the kids absolutely loved having her two kids, Will and Lucy, here to play with.  Molly loved pointing out that there were two Williams and tracking down Lucy's special doll to give to her. 

 Most of the time, all of the kids could be found together.  And the fact that young Will had his own tablet made him a quite popular person with my sons.  Though, they really didn't play it that much.  Honestly.
 Though, he had a pretty awesome something or other on it that allowed them to play popular nintendo games...we'll be looking into this at some point in the future.
 I am quite partial to my children, but Lucy is adorable.  The above picture does not come close to doing her justice and for that I apologize.  She will turn 2 in a month and was so fun to watch walk around and her little voice was pretty cute.  Though, don't be fooled by her looks...she has a temper!  Just like Molly.  They could get in quite a bit of trouble together I think.
 On the last night, we put out blankets and pillows and they watched a movie together.  Dom told me later that Lucy laid next to him the whole movie.  He really enjoyed having her around and practicing being an older brother to such a little person.  He did comment that all of the crying made him nervous (there was not a lot of crying, but with two kids so young there was a bit more noise and by default a bit more crying).  I told him to just wait!
And finally, today after I got Molly dressed for Mass she went out and started pedaling her tricycle for the first time.  She was so cute with her backpack on.  Luckily, I was actually ahead of schedule and able to get a video of her to send to Eric. 

She also fell asleep on our way to Mass, so that was pretty sweet, too.  All in all, a very lovely week.  Next week we turn 36 weeks pregnant.  We have a couple of doctor's appointments so please keep us in your prayers that everything continues to progress uneventfully.  We are almost there!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hooray for visits!

Liz said...

You are all doing amazing!!

Ann Strunk said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic week. Praying for John and the entire family though these remaining few weeks! Enjoy your last days as a mother with only 3 children wanting your undivided attention (this is assuming John has been willing to share you...we can't know exactly what's going on in there.)