I will post about our Halloween soon, but while I'm thinking about it, I wanted to share some stories from the last week.
First, I want to remember how John's smile makes me feel. He sees me and just looks delighted. I am sure I got similar greetings from the other three, but perhaps I was too tired and stressed to appreciate it. Time seems to slow down around John in a good way. I love that kid. I think he might be my favorite.
Second, Dom fell in love with baseball over the course of October. We watched loads of games and he played catch with the neighbor as often as he could always wearing his new Royals Baseball Cap. They also played one on one baseball with ghost runners as well as heated arguments over what constituted balls, strikes, or fouls. Much was learned during October. As much as I enjoyed watching him play outside, this evening marked a highlight for me. Eric told him to wipe off the table and Dom asked if he could do it like a catcher. We had no idea what he was talking about until he squatted down and gave signs of what sort of pitch Eric should use to toss him the wash cloth. FYI, who knows what he intended, but Eric threw him a high fast pitch that hit him in his big grinning face. I love that kid. I think he might be my favorite.
Third, Molly has taken to complimenting me on my attire and I love it. She'll give me a once over and say I look pretty, or that my necklace is nice. This morning she oohed and ahhhed over my shiny black boots and then appropriately appreciated the pink and brown sweater I changed into after church. I realize I keep the bar pretty low around here, but I definitely appreciate her compliments. I love that kid. I think she might be my favorite.
Fourth is Will. I am constantly amazed at Will's willingness to wait for his turn to come. Today, due to a cold snap, I took Dom out to buy jeans, church pants, shoes, and winter pajamas. He chose a pair of Lego Movie pajamas which he gleefully told his brother about. To which Will replied: "That's great, Dom! Then when you get too big for them, I'll get to wear them!" I'm sure the day will come when the boys don't share common enough tastes for us to pass clothes and shoes down, but for now, we are milking it for all it is worth! I love that kid. I think he might be my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment