When there are two photo-documentors, and one has minimal storage on her camera and the other does not...you tend to not get all of the pictures uploaded at the same frequency. Hence these last pictures from our trip to Kansas that I would be greatly re-missed in not including:
At the Jayhawk reunion game, seating was super limited and we quickly realized it was every man, woman, and child for themselves. Granted, we couldn't really leave children to their own devices. So Eric took John (Katie and Robert sat with him eventually. For those not paying attention that would a 3:1 adult to child ratio), Nana took Dom and Rose...and somehow I ended up with Molly, Margaret, Peter, and William...Yeah (ahem...1:4 adult to child ratio). Granted, Eric was the only one forced to leave the game in order to keep a not so huge Jayhawk fan entertained. But, prior to that, he kept him pretty happy with selfie time:
You're Welcome!
I used my skills of persuasion to convince Katie and Robert to spend their 15th anniversary night on our parents' pull out couch (You're Welcome), and the kids all camped out in the backyard. I think even John. (Camping 0:7 ratio, in house 5:0...unprecedented). We gave Rose a heads up to not freak our kids out with ghost stories and all slept well. Success! Looks like Christmas in Kansas is back on the schedule!! (you have to turn on the AC on Christmas there, too...right?)
And one last pic of Molly using the kayak as a paddle board. She can drive me crazy, but I sort of want to be her when I grow up. That fearless part, not the part that freaks out when you put something she abhors on her plate in an attempt to ruin her life F.O.R.E.V.E.R! I really need her to grow out of that part. And be like me: politely accept it, and then move it around her plate in an attempt to make it look like she tried it. Works pretty well with other polite people who pretend not to notice. #protip





No comments:
Post a Comment