Having two sons spoiled me. The length of my daughter's hair forces us to face the reality that we have to brush it daily. The following are some of my more successful as well as not so successful attempts at making her presentable for public viewing. The picture to the right is generally what it looks like in the morning.
I was very proud of these particular pigtails. They lasted approximately 15 minutes before she pulled them out. I knew their life would be brief, so I took some pictures to look back to on bad hair days. Though Molly has also found a solution to that problem :
A funny story about Molly's hair is that despite the fact I comb each morning, by the time Eric gets home, it is generally back to the mess he saw when he left for work (Due to a nap and rough housing with the boys). For a long time he thought the only time she ever got her hair combed was Sunday morning when he took care of it. It made me realize just how much he is unaware of what goes on in our house when he is gone. Here is what Molly is generally looking like by 5 in the evening, you can see why there was a misunderstanding:
Dominic was not impressed with this hair-do, making it a hair-don't. Though it did keep her hair out of her eyes.
My good friend made me these cute hair bows that I have now realized are an answer to my prayers. They go in in less than a second (which is about the duration that Molly will sit still...okay, she will give me 15 seconds, but that is not a lot of time either, and I'm not exaggerating about that 15 seconds), and Molly will leave them in. Plus, I think she is pretty cute. Also, notice her lovely rain boots. She is very proud of them.
One of the first times I put Molly's hair in pigtails. Can I just say this is really hard. Add to that that they do not last long. I know I need to make them tighter, but I'm not sure how I can do that as she is running away from me. Plus, her hair pretty much has to be soaked to even attempt to get the hair in the small rubber band. Once it is dry, the cause is hopeless. And forget about getting a second shot if they come out uneven. I don't think I'm cut out for this...
And a ponytail. I prefer the pigtails, but the ponytail is a little easier to get in, as there is only one. But, even with that I struggle. Ah well, at least her face is cute and I only have to do this for the next 10 years until she takes over and far exceeds my abilities.
5 comments:
LOVE IT! Yes, I'm shouting. :)
I like the bow and unicorn look. Dom can do her hair if he doesn't like it. I think when she starts school she'll be better about doing her hair. That was my experience.
10 years? Mary Ann is starting to put braids in Rose's hair that rivals what Katie can do. Heck--just give Molly some scissors and she'll cut her own hair down to the length of the boys' hair! Problem solved! "oops...sorry Eric, Molly got hold of the scissors..."
Robert has a good point with the scissors. I cut my hair when I was little..like 4..5 maybe...oh and Eric was a witness. We were playing barber shop. - Megan
Megan was not quite 3. I think we still have those wisps in an envelope. The 3 year old picture shows how short we had to go.
Post a Comment