A little over a month ago, I loaded up the kids to travel west for my cousin's wedding. Eric stayed behind ostensibly to work on his dissertation. More on that in a later post. The trip west was pretty uneventful save for a pretty bad rainstorm that had us going 40 mph on the highway. We reached Lee's Summit after a brief visit with Oma in Jeff City, Missouri. It was during this visit that I realized I left the camera back in Ohio. Therefore, we only have pictures from the last couple of days in Kansas when Eric joined us and our time in Oklahoma.
We stayed with the Reddigs for several days before moving to a hotel in Lawrence. Molly enjoyed "helping" us move our luggage to our room.
There were several highlights to this part of the trip. One was finding a wonderful sale on dresses. I bought three with the help of Dominic and Mary Ann. I had packed dresses for various events, but I'm sure I would not have found ones I liked if I hadn't. Another highlight was watching The OKC Thunder on the big screen in the Reddigs' basement. The kids had a ball running around with their cousins for 6 days and only getting in minor trouble.
The above is at the rehearsal dinner for my cousin's wedding. Molly just plopped down next to Mary Ann. Who knows what they were looking at, though it quite well could have been a train.
After Lawrence, we drove down to visit Eric's family in Oklahoma. My sister-in-law, Megan, took many more pictures than we did. Feel free to visit her blog to view these.
While in Oklahoma we visited several great sites including the Capitol Building in OKC, a skeleton museum where Dom kept asking if the animals were dead (they were), a natural history museum, and the wonderful downtown underground tunnels.
We did not take a lot of pictures, but that was probably because we were having such a wonderful time.
Dom looking pretty cool in downtown Oklahoma City. He looked like a townie with his Thunder t-shirt, courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa.
Uncle Stephen and Aunt Megan gave us a tour of downtown OKC. Will had a sleepover at their house all by himself. I know he had a great time, but I think the thing that amazed him the most was that they only have one floor. This was also a characteristic of my Oma's house that he has mentioned in the last couple of weeks. The observations of these kids just come out of left field sometimes, but clearly, they are very important to them.
There was a wonderful park right in the heart of downtown OKC, and even though the splash park was broken, the kids had a great time.
Grandma had the boys do a little artwork for her while we were there. They thoroughly enjoyed getting to paint flower pots and we will be re-doing this project in the future, I'm sure.
William liked to stick out his tongue as he takes his craft very seriously.
Finally, this was a pretty common sight throughout the visit in OK. Though, frankly, all of the kids got a little spoiled from all of the attention and fun they had. And, there is nothing wrong with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment