01 March 2013
Some pics of the kids
I try to categorize my pictures so that I have some nice stories to go with them. I've waited so long on some of these, that I figured I'd better post them or else I may forget as we acquire hundreds of other pictures. The above is how well our children listen to us when we ask them to not get sandy because we are going to dinner immediately after a "short" visit to the beach.
I don't think I ever posted that Dom has lost all four of his front teeth and now has three new ones making steady progress. The first three came out pretty painlessly. In fact, his first tooth was loose last June and I got teary eyed at the realization of it. If I had known it would take another 5 months for the tooth to come out, I would have saved myself a couple of kleenex. By the time it came out, there were three more loose teeth to watch. The last of which came out about a month ago. As of today, I don't believe he has any loose ones, but that can change at any time.
Eric received a Zelda game for the Wii for his birthday. Will loves to watch him play and was intent on learning it. He explained to me that he wanted Dad to teach him so that he could teach me. He just could not wrap his mind around the concept that I have no wish to play this particular game. But, I do enjoy watching him re-create the character. In the above picture, as Eric has just informed me, he is waiting for someone to move the control stick so that he can move. And making sure he doesn't blink. Will has an incredible imagination and he gets lost in new worlds all of the time. Though, lately he is back on a Mario kick. He even requests that his swimming instructor calls him Super Mario. On a side note, Dom has been watching the 2008 NCAA Basketball championship DVD lately. He came out of the room extremely excited and wanted to find Will (who had left on an errand with Dad). When I asked him what the deal was, he told me that he had just heard the announcer say "Super Mario Chalmers!". Wow, KU basketball meets their favorite video game character ----> Mind Blown!
Here are just a couple of random shots at the beach. We have quickly learned that we need to either just bring swimming suits, even if the weather is chillier than we would like, or bring a change of clothes. Because the kids are going to get wet and sandy no matter what!
And on days we don't get out of the house, the kids find many ways to entertain themselves. They really love the football area rug. And I love that they are perfectly content in each others company. At times, I will feel guilty that I don't do more with them, but then I hear them laughing together so I go throw another load of laundry in the dryer and call my best friend that my mom gave me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's amazing how they still look like they did when they were babies and at the same time look like they've grown up.
it's amazing how they still look like they did when they were babies and at the same time look like they've grown up.
Post a Comment