Anyone who has talked to me in the last six months has probably heard me go on and on and on about how much I love the Dollar Tree. Not to be confused with Dollar General a totally ghetto and misleading store. There are several items that cost more than a dollar...buyer be warned! The Dollar Tree is a utopia where everything is a dollar or less. No matter what. Due to this wonderful paradise for a cheapskate, the kids and I have been able to decorate our house for various holidays and parties. The most recent were Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day. I am seriously looking forward to acquiring decorations for St. Patrick's Day and Easter.
One of my favorite parts about going in are the looks on my kids faces as I say yes to almost everything they bring to the cart. I can almost hear the conversations as they walk away:
Will: Did she really say we could get that?
Dom: Yes!
Will: Is she sick?
Dom: I don't know, but just go with it. Oh Look! A piece of trash that I have always wanted for my entire life! (ok, the piece of trash was my edit, though if you are going to actually pay for trash, let it be only $1)
This picture should have been placed in my earlier post about visitors. My friend, Alicia came to visit with her two children: Baby Will and Lucy. Baby Will is no longer a baby, but a quite eloquent 2-year-old. However, with another Will running around we stuck with the old standby to differentiate the two. Lucy is, in fact, still a baby. Molly loved having a baby girl to constantly call : "Baby!" as well as another 2-year-old to chase.
Oh, and the kids loved the masks I got for them. 6 for a dollar!!! I love that place!
4 comments:
most here is close to a buck,,but can just imagine kids gettin it on with the dollar stuff,,,will blow his 20 on anything special?? tell kids love from great gramp
2 more things about Dollar Tree. American Greetings is the greeting card vendor there. Cards are (wait for it) 2 for $1.00!!! Soon stamps to mail the cards will cost than the card itself. The Dollar Tree music channel is SO much better than, oh, CVS or Hobby Lobby. Easy pop music piped in really facilitates resetting a seasonal card display. Rick remembers our 1 road trip to Woodward to set up a Valentine display 6 years ago.
The first time I went there I just kept looking for prices and my Aunt Eileen just laughed and laughed and yelled "it's all a dollar"! You will love all the Halloween and Christmas stuff too! Have fun.
L: On your previous post, I used the pic of Dom on the beach with football in hand and sun in the background as our screen saver. Great picture.
Post a Comment