02 June 2015

Dominic's First Communion

Two weeks ago, our eldest child made his First Communion.  Naturally, in honor of the event we scheduled a beach vacation with my sister and her family and my father-in-law. 

Here are just a few pictures from the particular day.  Girls get to wear a pretty fancy white dress.  Boys get to wear a tie and the same shirt and pants they would wear any other Sunday.  Nana made my niece's First Communion dress and gave Dom the tie.  Fair is fair :)!
Being so far away from family, we never expect anyone to come to big events.  But, we are always very happy to hear they are coming.  Dom told me all week that he was really glad that Grandpa was coming.  So, despite a horrible first day of travel, I hope that Grandpa got some quality grand kid time.
We certainly appreciated him taking over the John situation at Mass.  Plus, he got a nice video of Dom receiving Communion.  Perhaps you saw it on the social media: Facebook?
As you can see, Dom had a huge class of First Communicants.  He was slightly embarrassed that he had to sit between two girls.  But, he handled it all very well.  We are so proud of him.  Our pride only grew when his religious education director told us that she sometimes thinks Dom was born ready to receive First Communion. 
We didn't take a whole lot of pictures.  I think there was a professional photographer taking pictures at the Mass, but we may have missed the boat on that.  But, you can see him receive communion any Sunday that you would like to come visit. 

In a side story, Molly asked me at Mass on Sunday if I was sooooo happy that I had a child who could receive Communion.  Naturally, through teary eyes, I told her yes. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Tell Dom that Eric had to sing a duet at his First Communion with Erika! Oh the memories.

Eric said...

Oh, I DO remember that. I was so embarrassed, you don't even know. (she was cute to a 2nd grader!)