Dear Coach Self,
I love basketball and I love the Jayhawks. I watched as many games this season that I could (though could you talk to the tv guys about airing them a little earlier than 8?).
I have been practicing regularly and trying out moves that I've seen your players perfect on the court.
My mom and I even do a sort of word association to see how big of a fan I am. This is how it goes:
Mom: Dad's name is Eric Allen
Me: Like "Allen Fieldhouse?"
Mom: The 17th president was Andrew Johnson.
Me: Oooo! Like Elijah Johnson, he is a great basketball player.
Mom: Chester A. Arthur became president after President Garfield was assassinated.
Me: Hey, that is the same name as that Jayhawk player. He played in the 2008 Championship with Super Mario Chalmers.
Mom: What was his first name?
Me: Darrell. Darrell Arthur. He was a great player. I hope I can be like him some day.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for another great season. I'm hoping to visit Allen Fieldhouse next time I'm in Lawrence. You know, the place my dad is named after!
Your Biggest Fan,
Dominic Buschelman
PS Please tell Tyler I said hello!
3 comments:
Love it!
I bet Mom thinks she's pretty clever ;)
here sits this 80 year old man saying how things change as a kid on the farm never even saw a game till i was in the 7 th grade,,,looks like the boys are hooping it up love to all great gramp
I've seen thousands of kids play basketball and for a 6 year old that is GREAT FORM!!! Nice shooting Dom!!!
Post a Comment