We took several pictures attempting to accurately document the occasion. Eric requested Dom take one of the two of us, and this was the better of two...Yep. The second actually may have been the best picture ever, but it was completely blurred. But, you can just tell from the outlines that we looked amazing!
We only really got one good picture of the three together (see above), but I realized that I could crop out the other kids when a shot was particularly good for an individual. Thus, I now have a few really nice shots of the boys, which may end up on some card that will go out at some date in lieu of the Christmas card that did not happen. Though, considering my track record, don't get too excited....
I wanted to throw this one in just because Molly is such a wonderful mimic. She would look at me to see what pose I was doing, and then imitate it. And I feel like we are reaching a stage where that mother daughter relationship is beginning that special status that people keep telling me about when they see I have two boys and a girl ('Oh! You got your girl!'). She loves just hanging out with me. I'm sure this will come to a very dramatic end at some point in the next 10 years (probably about the time she realizes I have no clue about how to apply make-up and am okay with that), but I love having her hang around and help with little tasks including emptying the dishwasher and handing me laundry to fold. Oh, and she is always up for a dance party.
For the first time since having kids, we were able to hide the eggs outside. We only hid 36 and told the kids they could each find 12.
Some children handled this a little better than others. Molly found a few on her own, Dom helped her find a few, and Will quickly grabbed the rest.
But, all of the kids thoroughly enjoyed the event and it went on just long enough. I remember as a kid loving the initial 10 minutes or so when you can find the obviously hidden eggs, but finding those last few started to get a bit tiresome.
A note about the bunny ears. The kids picked these out at a recent Dollar Tree outing. Molly referred to them as "Hops", but has now started to correctly label them "ears". For those that don't know, she has been going to speech therapy and it has been really neat to see her pick up new words to say every day.
After the hunt, we retired to the kitchen to discover what other presents had been received. I was a little concerned about the kids reaction this year to the gifts as I elected to go with summer pajamas and markers. However, they were received with great excitement and immediately put on. Molly's Yo Gabba Gabba nightgown was a particularly exciting gift as she put it on and then introduced her stuffed animals to it.
And it probably didn't hurt that there was plenty of chocolate at the 2-year-old's eye level for consumption. She is my little girl!
2 comments:
That picture of you and Molly reminds me of some of our famous photographs. Chins up as far as possible - grinning ridiculously.
"Hops" --- Not that much different from kids referring to dogs as Bow Wows! Someday read the book Frindle by Andrew Clements.
Post a Comment