Holy Saturday dawned bright and sunny despite the heaviness in our hearts from witnessing the Jayhawks early exit from the NCAA tournament the night before. However, living away from Lawrence for the last 8 years has helped put these games in a little better perspective, and we were happy to put all of our focus and energies in our preparation for Easter.
The kids spent the morning cleaning the house while I made at least 3 trips to various grocery stores (I was also purchasing for the week long visit of my sisters family (post soon to come)).
By the afternoon we were ready to dye some eggs. Molly was truly experiencing this for the first time, and the boys did a nice job of sharing the duties.
Due to some outdoor activities that kept the kids attention much longer than previous years, the eggs got to sit in the dye for pretty close to 30 minutes making the colors some of the most vibrant we have ever had.
Our yard has recently become the party yard and the other kids in the neighborhood will come over and play soccer or basketball on a pretty regular basis if the sun is out as our kids. For the record, I am totally fine with this as long as all of the kids stay outside!!
Molly loved that Tori was around and imitated everything she did.
And the boys had a pretty highly contested soccer game.
For the first time in several years, I decided to attend the Holy Saturday Mass. Because Dom had shown such an interest in Holy Thursday and Good Friday, I began to build up the idea that he come with me as a sort of Mother/Son date. He was pretty excited about the idea...which made Will actually beg to come spend even more time in church. Thus, the three of us dolled up for our evening out with Jesus. We got several welcoming smiles as we walked up to the church that night. We did not stay for the whole Mass as it lasts 3 hours or longer, but we stayed for a little over half of it before Will fell asleep and Dom said he was ready to go. Overall, it was very successful and I look forward to attempting it again next year...
Ok, I'll save Easter Sunday for another post as Molly has decided to aide me a bit in this post....
1 comment:
Eggs are beautiful! Next year you'll need to write E-G-G on one of them!
Post a Comment