The first came this morning as Dom and I were getting ready for church (exceptionally early, I might add). Dom asked me when Jesus died to which I replied that had occurred nearly 2000 years ago. Dom thought about this for a second and then in complete seriousness said: "Like when you were in college?" For the record, he asked this after I had "glammed it up" for church. Also for the record, "glamming it up" for church is exactly the same routine, though I did leave out the mascara. I did not want to scandalize anyone.
I laughed off this conversation because, well, I figured it had more to do with my son's lack of knowledge about time than my premature aging process. On other days he will tell me that he thinks I am 4. Which is obviously due to my youthful appearance.
However, later in the afternoon, as we were hanging out at a NCAA thing in downtown Dayton, a little girl came up and hugged me. I was delighted and chalked it up to my friendly demeanor. I was letting William eat an entire cotton candy, afterall. Her mom watched and then told me it was probably because I looked like her Grandmother. Yup.
Maybe it is time to downsize my cardigan collection...
2 comments:
My new trick is to dry my hair for the time it takes to brush it 100 times. It gets pretty dry and doesn't take too long. Of course you know that I'm a guru when it comes to maintaining a youthful appearance. But I have followed Mitzi's lead and started using real mascara, of course obtained as a free sample from a Clinique bonus bag. And googling how to actually apply it.
OMG Liesel!! OMG!!! Mary Kay alert! Dom is funny, but that other mom was so out of line!! College does feel like 2000 years ago, right? We'll talk.
Post a Comment