On Saturday, Dominic took an ill-timed, but necessary nap. Due to the lateness of the hour, he missed supper, and woke up just as we were putting the other two to bed. He said he was hungry, and so after he took his shower and read a bedtime book with Will, he went down to eat a quick meal. Because he ate all of his supper and we'd had a pleasant conversation, I offered him two Oreos for dessert. He accepted, of course, and began to eat his first one. As I turned to wash his dish, I mentioned that he shouldn't tell his brother as William did not get to have dessert (due to an unfinished meal). Dom immediately handed me his second Oreo and asked that I give it to Will. Normally, we don't let them have cookies in bed, but Dom's act of unselfishness brought tears to my eyes and seemed an excellent reason to break our rules.
My second story happened today as we were watching the Dayton Flyers play baseball. William, Molly, and I were sharing a box of raisins. I had a handful for William when he informed me that he only wanted three. I told him to just take three then, but he could have more. He proceeded to count "1, 2, 3" as he picked up one individual raisin, a second individual raisin, and then all of the rest of the raisins in my hand. It reminded me of this commercial from a while back.
I love these kids.
1 comment:
I love hearing these stories!!
Post a Comment