Monday morning the kids and I went to play group while Eric started to work on putting a ceiling fan in the kids' room. We've been having some unseasonably warm weather, so a fan was becoming a necessity. As was some summer clothes for the kids.
While at playgroup, Molly was practicing her gymnastics routine on a sit and spin and took a pretty hard fall. I didn't think too much of it, but she did seem a little more upset than usual. I attributed this more to her missing her morning nap, than any serious injury. When we got home, I put her in her crib where she got to sleep for about 10 minutes before Eric started installing the coolest ceiling fan ever in the kids' room. The boys were thoroughly impressed, Molly was not. The boys sat, watched, and helped as Eric installed blades with rockets on them and a light fixture that looked like the earth. The boys have become very interested in the planets lately, thanks in part to L'Opa's updates about where one might view the planets Venus, Mars, and Jupiter in the night sky. I love that when you ask Will what his favorite planet is, he replies "The Earth". I think that is an extremely intelligent response. Why wouldn't the place you live be your favorite? I know I always said Saturn because of the rings. This also happens to be Dominic's favorite planet.
Molly continued to express her displeasure throughout the rest of the afternoon. I continued to attribute her foul mood to lack of rest and lack of food. Finally, she was able to take a short nap once all the excitement of installing a solar system in the kids' room was over. After which she ate a wonderful lunch. I assumed that she would be back to her cheerful self now that all of her "planets" had aligned. Sadly, this was not the case. I began to notice that she would scream out when I picked her up. Eric noticed the same thing. Even more disturbing was that in her play as she moved from a sitting position to standing, she would cry out. Clearly, something was wrong. But, since she did not have a fever and because what ever was causing her pain was extremely fleeting, we decided to see how a solid night of sleep would help her. Of course, the worry that something was seriously wrong meant that I did not get a good night's sleep. My absolutely least favorite part about being a parent is watching my children be in pain or sick and feeling helpless to alleviate their discomfort.
3 comments:
What!!! you just end this post on a cliffhanger for all of us! I hope Molly is okay and maybe she just had a bruise or something. -- Megan
Yeah!!m A cliffhanger!! You do know a doctor, don't you? Maybe 2 even?
"planets align" hahahaha. so witty.
Post a Comment